Saturday, January 09, 2010

The Population of Resolution City Goes WILD!

For today, I made good on my 2010 resolutions:

1) Shape up. I devoted 40 minutes to cardio today -- 25 on the stationery bike and 15 swimming. The latter means 15 mins. swimming, not just splashing about in the pool. No one would confuse me with Dana Torres, but I did the breast stroke and the back stroke for 15 minutes.

2) No more bags. My resolve was sorely tempted this morning. My favorite blue purse suffered a broken strap this week and I almost hit "send" when I saw that eBags had similar bags on sale. But no. I decided to see if they can't repair this one at the shoe repair. And if they can't, well, I'll have to make do with the contents of my personal inventory.

3) No more books. Even though there was a most seductive "sale" sign in the window of Border's, I stayed away. Even better, I saved money by getting a free lunch at Bruegger's (salmon softwich and bottle of Tropicana) thanks to a coupon, free admission to It's Complicated (my "buy 7 tickets, get the 8th free" theater punch card) and a free medium popcorn, courtesy of another coupon.

Today I proved to myself that I can indeed make progress toward becoming healthier and wealthier. Let's hear it for the Gal!

7 comments:

  1. Impressive! I still haven't really made resolutions. I have some ideas but nothing solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make resolutions, kind of wish I did though, I usually don't keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Gal! I'm working on some non-specific resolutions myself (along the lines of your "shape up," rather than "lose 30 lbs." etc.) and so far it's going OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it feels good to accomplish these the task we have for ourselves. i went to see "the blind side" great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some of the same resolutions, miss. We can help keep each other on track.

    I have the book buying obsession but not the pocketbook one. I'm happy with my $5 Kmart bag (although I do tote around my D&B bag happily. Alas, it's so freaking big that I can't use it as a regular bag but more of a tote bag of sorts.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous that you get to swim, what a great exercise for your joints. Way to go.

    Do you have a library near by? Using a library does help with the cost of reading. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have awesome willpower. I applaud you. I would have hit the SEND button.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.