Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Starting with the books

Paper, paper, paper! This condo is overrun with paper and stuff! Something must be done!

So this evening I am going through the books on the floor and in the magazine racks and on/under/beside the coffee table and deciding which ones to part with. I always hate getting rid of books, so to take some of the sting out of it, I'm taking them to Goodwill. Maybe they'll make it out onto the salesfloor in time to be someone's Christmas gift. That would make me happy.

TONIGHT'S TOTAL: 8 paperbacks and 9 hardcovers.

3 comments:

  1. It's so hard to get rid of books, usually what I do is donate them to the local library stores, I dont know if your town has any but you here the libraries sell books, and sell donations then take the profits for neew books and remodeling and programs for local libraries. I think that overall its a great way to give back to the community and pass on your love for reading :). I also do the same with the 100+ magazines I accumulate :)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love releasing my books to find new homes. Father-in-law is in the hospital and I happened to notice they had a little "donation" bookshelf there so on my next visit, I brought about six books to put on the shelf for others to enjoy. That made me happy.

    Our local library doesn't take book donations, unfortunately. I usually take them to the store that funds the hospice center near here.

    I like to think of it as sending my love out to the Universe in book form. (but I'm dorky like that).

    Good work on doing some decluttering. I'll be waiting for you to come here - I've got two cats, no waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the project. Like Lisa said, I love passing books along to friends and strangers. You should look into Book Crossing, that might be fun.

    When you tame the paper tiger, you are more than welcome to come here and tackle mine!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.