Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lordie, but I'm a geek!

Last night, on the way home, I was able to shake off my blues. The reason was two-fold.

1) I knew I was on my way to see my shrink, God bless her. I see her monthly, so I had this appointment scheduled for weeks and I'd forgotten about it. But the timing couldn't have been better. Just knowing she was going help me put all this in perspective put it in perspective, if that makes sense.

2) I listened to Mickey and Judy sing "How About You?" on my iPod. It's from the 1941 film, Babes on Broadway. There's even an interlude toward the middle where they tapdance! I love listening to these two put on a show. Though I know I am undoubtedly the only woman on the el Green Line last night with Mickey Rooney downloaded on her iPod. Yes, I'm a geek. But they made me so happy!

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile! :-) And I really know what you mean about your therapist helping put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kwiz - it always seemed the timing was perfect when I saw my therapist. I don't know if I somehow unconsciously made things happen on that time table or what but it was always *just right*. Glad you have a chance to clear out some of what's going on inside your head.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.