Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm watching it

I'm welcoming Halloween with Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates (and his mother) in Psycho. It's scary, all right, but it's also such a wonderfully made movie. It wasn't just the sex and violence that made it shocking for 1960. Crafty old Hitch took a unique approach to the narrative -- killing off the heroine early on, thereby forcing his audience to identify with the villain.

I'm not worried about being frightened by this horror classic. I have my big old tub of guts, Joey, purring beside me for comfort and company.

1 comment:

  1. What a creepy movie! It's always been a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.