Saturday, May 02, 2009

Saturday 9 -- Settling the Score

1. Do you feel that you have “a score to settle” with anyone? Not anymore. As usually happens, the karma train took care of her. I'm thinking of a former co-worker, emphasis on the "former," the one I used to call The Freakazoid Bitch. It took a while, but ultimately the powers that be at work recognized how divisive and ineffective her management style is.

2. Do you own anything that you think is unbreakable? My initial response is "Reynaldo's indomitable spirit." Only I learned long ago that one never owns a cat, you share your home with him.

3. Tell us about a crazy thing you did in high school. During the middle of the night at a late-autumn sleepover, I took a dare and dove into the family's not-yet-drained pool. It was filthy and filled with plant life (I still remember opening my eyes under water and have never seen that particular sickly shade of green, before or since) and soooo cold. It was crazy and stupid and even dangerous, but my 15-year-old honor was in tact. (I know, I know -- big deal.)

4. Name the one talent of yours that you think is the best. Writing has always come easily, and now I make my living doing it.

5. Who wins American Idol? (if you don’t watch, tell us about a reality show that you do follow.) Adam! AdamAdamAdamAdam. (I like Adam.) I used to make fun of American Idol, but now I accept that it is more than a show, it's Life.

6. What is your favorite movie in black & white? My Man Godfrey.

7. What is one thing advertised too much on TV? The Snuggie.

8. What is your current favorite TV drama? Law & Order: SVU. Elliott and Olivia.

9. What is your current favorite TV comedy? Nancy Grace on HLN. Oh, you mean she doesn't mean to be funny?

Saturday 9: Settling the Score

7 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on the Karma thing. Totally

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ "the karma train"==great way of putting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SVU is still a great show. And how do really feel about Adam? :) Enjoy your Saturday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha on Nancy Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:51 PM

    You are so right about kharma... Sometimes it just sucks waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "the karma train took care of her" cracked me up. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor gal being hit by the karma train. :)

    Nice answers

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.