Saturday, October 11, 2008

I always love Olivia & Elliott. Especially in this episode.

It's the episode from Law & Order: SVU last season* when Olivia ends up with Elliott's wife, Kathy, under the most trying circumstances, and helps deliver Elliott's baby.

We know why Olivia behaves with such gallantry, even if she would never admit it: She loves Elliott. Not just in a carnal way, though there is quite a bit of tension between them. Not just in a romantic way, though I sense there is plenty of "if only" longing between them. But also in an unselfish way. She wants what is best for her partner. At the end, when Elliott passes Olivia visiting Kathy and the new baby for the first time, he stops, turns and pulls her to him. Watching the cavalcade of emotions cross Olivia's face broke my heart.

In this episode, the sweetness and pain of their relationship was exquisite. I really want these detectives to "partner" in every way!

* I guess USA Network has been running an SVU marathon all day. Damn! I was wasting time out in the sunshine, moving among real people, when I could have been indoors, parked on the sofa, observing one of my favorite TV couples.

3 comments:

  1. I watched the same episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm … I don’t think I’ve seen this episode of L&O:SVU … but methinks I agree with your assessment of their relationship and would like to see the two of them ‘partner in every way’ too ;--)

    If there was a ‘marathon’ here, I totally missed it … sigh!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:45 PM

    I think they'd kill each other in a romantic relationship. Their partnership is far to intense for an actual relationship.

    On a related note, Stabler did a Nickelodeon TV movie called "Gym Teacher" that premiered a couple weeks ago. A silly little kid's story, but that man fills out gym shorts real nice. *Drool*

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.