2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food? Hotdogs, burgers, chicken, steak ... it's all good as long as it's slathered in barbecue sauce.
3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life. Black licorice reminds me of my favorite grandpa. He carried licorice flavored throat lozenges with him at all times, and I could smell them when he hugged me. (He was a great hugger.)
4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed? I had a haircut three or four weeks ago. I'm looking pretty shaggy and am pleased to report I have a salon appointment for next Saturday.
5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin'. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee? I don't drink coffee.
7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment? This book. I met the author while I was on vacation in Los Angeles and she signed it for me. I just started it, but so far it's very cool and evocative.
9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you'd like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer? I've rediscovered Frank Sinatra and would be up for some Ol' Blue Eyes.
Happy Memorial Day!