Saturday, March 10, 2012
The blue gunk overflowed the impression tray and sat on my skin for a while -- less than 10 minutes while the gunk was hardening. Long enough for it to really irritate my skin. I now have a bright red spot on the philtral column between my nose and lips. I am just soooo happy about this.
Especially because I have a big client presentation Tuesday. The only thing worse than being standing in front of your clients knowing you are a big fat moo-cow is knowing you are a big fat moo-cow with a bright red spot near your mouth.
I am miserable!
1. Have you ever had a romantic breakup that was easy? Amazingly, yes. We both knew it wasn't going anywhere and he decided to move to Columbus to be nearer his brother and it just sort of ... faded away.
2. When was the first time that you felt betrayed? In grade school, when the contents of a note I passed to a friend somehow became public.
3. Do you feel religious beliefs should have a role in politics? Well, if a politician has a relationship with a higher being, that probably helps keep him or her grounded and comforted. I know that's the role religion play in my life. BUT IT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT! I agree with the speech JFK made that makes Rick Santorum, as he so elegantly puts it, "throw up."
4. Are you doing anything special this weekend? I just got a crown replaced this morning and my jaw is still numb. I'm going to wait to see if I'm in any discomfort before I decide what to do next. (Sexy answer, huh?)
5. Oreo cookies turned 100 years old this week. How do YOU eat an Oreo? If I'm alone, I'll take it apart and lick off the icing. If I'm in public, I'll observe decorum and nibble it daintily.
6. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? My big fat moo-cowness. I'm working on diet and exercise, but obviously not hard enough.
7. Describe a time when you should have tried harder. See above.
8. What is your favorite baseball-related movie? The Natural. Where my favorite actor meets my favorite sport in my favorite ballpark. Did you know that Roy Hobbs/Robert Redford actually threw out the ball on opening day at Wrigley Field last year? It was very emotional for me. (And if you think I'm kidding about that, you don't visit this blog often.)
9. What is one lesson you have learned in the past year? I just now realized that sometimes, when I am trying to solve people's problems for them and make their lives easier, I am actually making them feel incompetent. I am working on this. After all, my goal is to help my friends, not hurt their feelings.