1) The Patty Duke Show. "Meet Cathy who's been most everywhere, from Zanzibar to Barkley Square ..."
2) The Andy Griffith Show. I love it, and I don't even know how to whistle.
3) Magnum PI. It's fun and lively and sets the tone perfectly.
4) Kate and Allie. "Just when you think you're all by yourself, you're not." My favorite part of the show was always the opening, after the theme, when we'd catch the girls out and about, just talking.
5) The Fugitive. So lush and dramatic and adult.
6) Cheers. "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name ..." OK, I would find being in a bar where everyone knows my name scary, but I can be a little antisocial and that shouldn't reflect on the theme.
7) Growing Pains. "Show me that smile again. Don't waste another minute on your crying ..." The theme song is more memorable than the show! I have always loved BJ Thomas' voice.
8) That Girl. "Diamonds, daisies, snowflakes, That Girl!" The first few seasons it didn't have lyrics, but I like that version, too. Like Magnum, the theme sets the right tone (light, enthusiastic).
9) Friends. "So no one told you life was gonna be this way. Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA." Yeah, it got too much play on the radio and I became sick of it. But we have all felt this way, haven't we?
10) Flintstones. "Let's ride with the family down the street, by the courtesy of Fred's two feet." No, I'm not embarrassed that I know all the words. Yabba dabba dooo!