1) Beethoven is one of classical music's best known composers. Do you often listen to classical music? Never.
2) Though a musical genius, Beethoven never learned to multiply or divide. When faced with a simple arithmetic problem, do you do it in your head? Or do you rely on the calculator in your phone or on your computer? I am mathematically challenged and rely on calculators.
3) Beethoven bathed often, which was considered "quirky" for a man of his time. (Understandable, since you had the heat the water, haul it to the tub, and then empty the tub bucket by bucket when you were done.) Do you bathe in the morning or in the evening? I looooove my morning showers. I'm almost always happy when I get out of the tub.
4) Adam Fischer conducts the Danish Chamber Orchestra for this 5-disc set. He began his musical career young, when he sang in the children's choir of Budapest's National Opera House. Have you ever sung in a choir or chorus? I'm tone deaf. I even lip synch hymns at church and "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at Wrigley Field.
5) Mr. Fischer was awarded the Gold Medal of Arts from the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Tell us about a prize or award you have received. (Yes, that ribbon you earned for penmanship in second grade counts.) I won a Clio back in the 1990s. It's a prestigious advertising award, and now that my career is just about over, I am more proud of it than ever. I haven't mentioned it much in recent years because I won it before some of my coworkers were even born. But now, I look back and I'm proud of it.
6) The Danish Chamber Orchestra is beloved in Demark. When, in 2014, the Danish Broadcasting Company announced it would no longer fund the Orchestra, citizens began a crowdfunding campaign and raised more than $1,000,000 to keep the music playing. Have you ever contributed to a crowdfunding platform, like GoFundMe, Kickstarter or FundRazr? Yes. I'm proud that -- after Henry's accident -- I persuaded 19 of my friends to contribute to his GoFundMe recovery fund.
|Here is a preview|
8) In 2019, when this boxed set was released, China became the first nation to land a spacecraft on the far side of the moon. Are you fascinated by stories about space? Not really. I support research, but I don't read or watch news stories about it.
9) Random question: Tell us about your week. These are extraordinary times, and it might feel good to share. Well, I accidentally summoned a squad car to my home. That's not an everyday occurrence. On the plus side of the ledger, I had a lovely exchange at my vet's office. My cats are on a prescription diet, and they reassured me that, no matter what, they'd help me see to it that my fur babies are OK.