Sunday, October 04, 2009
Spent the afternoon with my nephew, celebrating his 10th birthday. He was most pleased by the WII game I gave him, along with a Harry Potter scarf and a stuffed turtle to add to his collection of plush friends. We had baseball decorated cupcakes and watched the final Cub game of the season together. He's a happy little guy and we had a very nice time.
Sunday Stealing: The Starrlight Meme
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Vitamins
2. Where was your profile picture taken? Hollywood & Vine, of course!
3. Can you play Guitar Hero? I'm sure I can, but I have never tried.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today. What was it about? Well, it's not even 8:00 AM yet. But a radio commentator encouraged the Cubs to spend the off-season trying to unload Milton Bradley. She was asked what she thought we could get. "Take anything. A bag of balls. Anything!"
5. How late did you stay up last night and why? Only 10:30. I wasn't feeling that great yesterday.
6. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why? I wouldn't leave this area. How could I desert Chicago after the Olympic snub? If I had unlimited cash, I'd like to live in a luxury high rise with a doorman. "Let me get the door for you, Ms. Gal." "Thank you, Rodney!"
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? Not that I recall. So if I was, it wasn't a great kiss.
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you? Kathleen lives just a few blocks away.
9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? With benefits? It's funny, but two of my exes maintained that we should stay friends, but then their new womenfolk put the kabosh on it.
10. Do you like Dr. Pepper? Yes.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Really hard as opposed to just sniveling? Watching a rerun of the original Incredible Journey. When Bodger comes over the hill and is reunited with his boy.
12. Who took your profile picture? One of my many fans. They also maintain my star and keep it free of heel scuffs and gum.
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? My nephew, Nick.
14. Was yesterday better than today? Why? No. Today will be better. It's sunny and, since it's not eve 8:00 AM yet, it's still full of opportunity.
15. Can you live a day without TV? No. Nor would I want to.
16. Are you upset about anything now? Just that I completely wasted yesterday.
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? Of course! We always learn lessons. Painful lessons, perhaps, but necessary.
18. Are you a bad influence? In ways. I have an unconventional life view.
19. Night out or night in? I like my own company, so I'd rather have a night in alone than a night out with people I don't really care for.
20. What items could you not go without during the day? TV, Internet, iPod, books, moisturizer.
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? I don't recall.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? The headline is "Theater Dates." It's from my friend, Barb, letting me know what we're going to see and when.
23. How do you feel about your life right now? I'm pretty happy.
24. Do you hate anyone? Not really.
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? I don't know. I don't check it very often.
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? Yes.
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? NO! Nor should they!
28. What song is stuck in your head? "Where Do You Start" from Babs' new CD.
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., whom do you want it to be? My best friend.
30. Do you (or did you) want to have grandkids before you’re 50? Never really thought about it. Children, yes. Grandchildren? Never crossed my mind.
31. Tell us your Saturday night. I thought I answered this. See #5.
32. Do you think too much or too little? Too much. I overthink everything.
33. Do you smile a lot? Yes. I'm generally a happy old gal.