Saturday 9: Easter Parade ("In Your Easter Bonnet")
1) This song is about a special Easter hat to be worn with your "Sunday best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend? Well, I'll swap my sweatshirt for a sweater for Sunday service, but other than that, no.
2) Sam is not crazy about hats because she cannot stand "hat hair." Do you have a lot of hats or caps? "Hat hair" is precisely why I prefer hoods and earmuffs.
3) This song was inspired by New York City's Easter Parade. Does your community host a similar event? I admire New Yorkers for doing this every year. After all, Easter weather is very unpredictable. Maybe that's why we don't have such a parade.
4) On April 6, President Obama and Michelle will host lucky children for the 137th White House Easter Egg Roll. Which are your favorite eggs: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside? My favorites were always the ones with the coins inside. It's one of the few things I remember fondly about holidays with my other "icky" Grandma. She hid plastic money eggs. And at Christmas, she let me do glass wax stencils on her kitchen window pane. Every other memory I have of her is bad.
5) How about Peeps? Would you rather have yellow chicks or pink bunnies? Not a big Peeps fan. Sorry.
6) The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you thinks it's possible to have too much chocolate? It's difficult to eat too much chocolate, but if you work hard at it, it can be done. I've had the tummy aches to prove it.
7) Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. A 2013 poll tells us that red is by far the favorite jelly bean color, with yellow a distant second. Do you have a preference? Green. Purple is good, too.
8) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween? Halloween.