Saturday 9: The Power of Love (1985)
1) In this song, Huey explains that you don't need a credit card to find love. What's the last thing you charged? I got my niece a restaurant gift certificate for her birthday. I know how broke she is these days and she really needs money, but I think she needs a break from her day-to-day grind of classes and work, too. So I got her a pair of fun earrings and the gift card and I'll tell her to put on the earrings, go to dinner with her boyfriend, and celebrate! Why not? It's free.
2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard? I have never even tried because no one is less coordinated than me. Really. To borrow from Sheldon (BBT), "My mother had me tested."
3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good? Mixed. Renovations have begun on Wrigley Field. On the one hand, I appreciate that my beloved park badly needs an upgrade (which might bring the Cubs some good joo-joo). But the photos are sad.
|From Before It's News|
4) Huey's mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A? On my dad's side, his older brother. On my mom's side, I don't really know.
5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do? I'm sorry but I don't remember exactly. Which leads me to believe I didn't do so well.
6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where anzac biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now? Nope. But now I want some.
7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt? Yes, please.
8) We're definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014? I began my bathroom renovation.
9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box! The White Tennis Ball. (That's not going to strike terror in any dark hearts, is it?)