Saturday 9: Papa, Don't Preach (1986)
2) When she first arrived in New York in search of fame and fortune, Madonna supported herself by working at Dunkin' Donuts. What did you order last time you were at Dunkin' Donuts? Love the chocolate eclairs!
3) Madonna and her first husband, Sean Penn, ended their marriage on New Year's Eve, 1988. Sam's New Year's Eves are never that dramatic. What about you? Do you have any vivid New Year's Eve memories you'd like to share? My first new year's eve in Key West, I watched the shell drop at midnight. I'm glad I did it, because it's a very conch thing to do. But it was an unruly crowd -- I was literally sprayed with champagne -- so I'm also glad I know not to do it again.
4) Madonna admits she suffers from brontophobia, aka the fear of storms. Are you scared of thunder and lightening? Nope.
5) Onstage during the 2015 Coachella fest, Madonna shocked the audience by planting a kiss square on the lips of much-younger rapper Drake. What's something that surprised you recently? I gave a big presentation on Thursday and before we got started, our client approached me and hugged me. "Gal's here!" I was surprised. It lifted my spirits, of course, and probably made me even better in front of the group, but I was surprised by the demonstration.
6) More recently, Madonna was at the center of a controversy because Prince fans didn't like her tribute at the Billboard Music Awards. They made themselves heard on social media. Was your last Facebook post or Tweet positive or negative? Neither. It was sad. A former coworker is going through a bad time and I just expressed by support for her and her family.
7) One of the things Sam's papa preaches about is car maintenance. He reminds her to check her car's air filter regularly, because a dirty filter can reduce mileage. Share your own car maintenance tip with us. No car
8) When she was growing up, Sam's father was often away on business. He always remembered to bring back the complimentary shampoos, conditioners and lotions from the hotels where he stayed. When will you next stay in a hotel (or motel, bed-and-breakfast or Airbnb room)? In August, when I get together with my oldest friend to celebrate her birthday.
9) To celebrate Father's Day, Sam is giving away her father's favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, Butter Rum, Winter Green or Peppermint? Winter Green