Sunday Stealing: The Greenish Questions
1. What is your current obsession? The Chicago Cubs. Specifically Anthony Rizzo. He sat out Saturday's game. Is he happy? Will he make the All Star squad this year? How long will he continue as our lead-off man? He's such a great guy -- a joy to watch on the field and philanthropic off of it. I want only good things for him.
|A cancer survivor himself, Rizz works w/kids battling the disease|
2. What’s your go-to coffee place? I don't drink coffee, but I've been known to stop at Starbucks for a tall hot chocolate, skim, no whip, and with a little cinnamon added to it.
3. Who was the last person that you hugged? A coworker. Last week was a rough week for my little team.
4. Do you nap a lot? More than I used to.
5. Tonight, what’s for dinner? Have not yet decided. I have a lot of leftovers to choose from.
6. What was the last thing that you bought? I got a pedi refresh onSaturday afternoon. Revlon Optimistic Pink.
7. What is your favorite weather? This weekend has been nice. A little over 70º and sunny.
8. Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week? Kwizgiver is a voracious reader and a Daddy's Girl.
9. If you were given a free house that was fully furnished, where in the world would you like it to be? Lately I've been daydreaming about Hot Springs, AR. I wouldn't want to live there -- too hot in summer -- but it's a very pretty, lazy and friendly town. If I had a fully-furnished home, after I retire I'd stay there several weeks at a time throughout the year. Walking around Ouachita Mountain, taking the waters.
10. Name three things that you could not live without. Books. Cats. Internet.
11. What would you like in your hands right now? Tee hee
12. What’s one of your guilty pleasures? Bad movies. My enduring favorite guilty pleasure is Valley of the Dolls. It's a terrible script, dreadfully acted with the utmost seriousness. Camp of the highest order.
|Patty Duke as Neely, a big talent w/a weakness for booze and dope|
13. What would you change or eliminate about yourself? I would eliminate all the excess fat.
14. As a child, what type of career did you want? I was going to be a singer (except I can't sing). And a teacher. And a crusading journalist.
15. What are you missing right now? My waist. (See Question 13)
16. What are you currently reading? Little White Lies, a Spenser mystery.
17. What do you fear the most? Being vulnerable (old, poor, and unable to care for myself)
18. What’s the best movie that you’ve seen recently? I just rewatched watched an oldie, Kramer vs. Kramer (1979). It holds up very, very well. I wonder whatever happened to that Meryl Streep girl.
19. What’s your favorite book from the past year? I loved the massive, two-volume Sinatra biography -- The Voice and The Chairman. He was a great singer, a talented but lazy actor, an unrepentant womanizer, a Mafia groupie, a generous friend, a complete asshole and a wonderful father ... sometimes all within a few paragraphs. Next to Francis, everyone else in the world is dullsville, chickie baby.
20. Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy? Fish sticks. Preferably with a side of mac and cheese.