Stolen from the Royal Household at Bloggingham
1. How many gravy boats do you have in your kitchen? I have a gravy boat?
2. Do the clothes in your laundry basket need ironing? Nope! Laundry basket is (for now, at least) empty. Hooray for me!
3. What is the last thing you wallpapered? That would be nothing. Not a fan of wallpaper.
4. Wooden floors or carpet? Carpet. And that was a mistake. If I had unlimited funds (which I don't) and the discipline to unclutter (which I don't) I'd replace the carpeting throughout my home with wood and tile.
5. Why do we put out guest towels if no one is supposed to use them? I have guest towels?
6. If your spatula could talk, what would it say about your duvet? HA! Trick question! I don't have a duvet! I have a nice, old school bedspread that I love dearly. I wish they would come back in fashion.
7. Have you replaced the batteries in your smoke alarms this year? No. Bad Gal.
8. If you could put thyme in a bottle, what is the first thing that you'd like to do? This question distracted me and sent me to YouTube to look for the lovely old song.
9. Do eggs really crack or do they merely have a nervous breakdown? Eggs really do have it tough, relegated to those holders in the door of the refrigerator where it never really gets cold.
10. Why are you whipping the butter? What did it ever do to you? The Queen's kitchen gets far more action than mine.
11. Do your spoons spoon in the drawer? Have you ever noticed? And more importantly, if wooden spoons spoon do they get splinters? Don't ask, don't tell.
12. You hear: "Dumpling, my Dumpling, come hither." The candles are lit, the fondue is dipping, the Godiva is pouring, the scallions are steaming and the music is playing.....but wait, the windows are open. Why did you close them? Because, as my father used to say, we don't want to air condition the outdoors, do we?
13. Do you need a recipe to cook or are you a bohemian chef? I need a carryout menu.
14. Is your pot black? Actually it's a reddish brown.
15. What is the sexiest spice or condiment in your cabinet? What makes it so? My barbecue sauce! All it takes is a little squeeze and I'm rewarded with honey smoked sweet love.