PAULA ABDUL TWEETS
It's official: Paula Abdul is leaving American Idol. This makes me sad. It really does. For while it's easy to make fun of Paula (and I have laughed at her weepiness, her spaciness and her dramatics), there's also a loopy sweetness about her that made her the perfect foil for Simon Cowell.
To celebrate her unpretentious goofiness, I give you 13 of her recent Twitter tweets. She uses this social network as a way to communicate with her public, and can squeeze a lot of affectionate silliness into 140 characters. These are all legit.
1) My favorite color is lavander! What's yours? (July 2)
2) To a fan upset because her dog died. I'm gonna help you! Is your dog a boy or girl? Can you send a pic? And a brief description of their personality! xo!! (July 21)
3) Reading your tweets makes me feel so good and positive- I'm walkin' on sunshine!! (July 21)
4) I need u2know that what u have just said has affected me in a way that I can't even put it into words u are so special2me (July 21)
5) I've been invited to meet the Dalai Lama & Sir Richard Branson at the end of September. (Aug 4)
6) I'm thinking of bringing the dogs to the beach this weekend for some fun in the sun. What are you guys up to this weekend? (July 10)
7) About her chihuahuas I am brainstorming on more ideas for the adventures of Bessie Moo & Thumbelina, have any idea’s? (July 8)
8) Hope everyone is enjoying their pool parties and bbq's! Have a safe holiday and remember to keep your pets inside so they don't get scared! (July 4)
9) Acupuncture usually doesn't hurt, but my guy is brutal. He goes right to the nerve ending, but it's so good for me. (July 1)
10) My Chihuahua posse is getting their pawdicure's right now. I'll take a picture when their fully coiffed. (June 30)
11) I SOOO LOVE & ADORE my fans!! U All have stuck by me, LOVED ME& have inspired ME 2 KEEP DOING WHAT I LOVE to DO! XoP (June 28)
12) With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to Idol. I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all.. (August 4)
13) I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent,but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon. (August 4)
visit the hub (thursday-13.com).