THESE 13 TUNES?
I have exactly 2,310 songs on my iPod and most of them are classified as “pop.” Here’s a sampling, and (to make it look like I put more work into this than just setting it on “shuffle” and skipping over the Christmas carols), it’s in the form of a quiz.
It’s a pretty eclectic collection, covering 40 years. I must give my iPod credit for putting 12 and 13 back to back because they really sound great together.
The answers are in the comments section.
1. So now you’re back from outer space. I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face.
2. I’m 45 for a moment. The sea is high and I’m heading into a crisis, chasing the years of my life.
3. I’ll be alright, one way or another. So let me go, or make me want to stay.
4. May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the light surrounding you.
5. She married when she was 20. She thought she was ready. Now she’s not so sure.
6. The rain is falling on my window pane, but we are hiding in a safer place.
7. Everybody needs a place to rest, everybody wants to have a home. Ain’t no difference what nobody says – ain’t nobody like to be alone.
8. Woke up, got out of bed. Dragged a comb across my head.
9. I dream of moments we share, but you’re not there. I’m living in a fantasy.
10. Seven lonely days and a dozen times ago, I reached out one night and you were gone.
11. I’ll be your baby, I’ll be your score. I’ll run the gun for you and so much more.
12. I don’t mind spending every day, out on the corner in the pouring rain.
13. Little darling, it’s been a long, cold, lonely winter.
Put your link in the comments section and I'll add to here:
1) Melessa shares a few of her favorite brands
2) Malcolm salutes the Unsung Ladies of Song
3) Holly takes us to DisneyWorld
4) Pjazzypar has an AI TT (how fitting for tonight!)
5) Sandee shares her favorite cliches
6) Michelle fills us all in on Daylight Savings Time
7) Ornery's Wife has a sweet and sensitive TT
8) Marcia has a scrumptious TT
9) Nicholas has a literary TT, taken from his own shelves
10) Chuck reveals a love of junk food
11) Open Grove Claudia has an artsy TT
12) Losthemisphere sends us to VS blogs
13) Lori has an important, fiscal TT
14) Sandycarlson has an inspirational TT
15) Journeywoman has an ambitious TT
16) Tasina critiques today's biggest stars
17) No Nonsense Girl had an interesting week!
18) Xakara always has terrific TTs, so please go visit here (even though Firefox wouldn't let me open the link; sorry, Xakara -- I tried twice!)
19) Dane Bramage lists 13 children's books I'm positive you're not familiar with
20) Maribeth helps cure what ails us
21) Bermudabluez doesn't have a TT, but her "firsts" meme is fun
22) Corina has had a thoughtful week
23) Tips and Tricks has a bridal TT
24) Brenda's TT is saintly
25) Aline has a random TT
26) She became a butterfly concentrates on the letter D
27) Brittany's TT is all about Sweet Home Alabama
28) Lisa's TT is sponsored by the letter E
29) Tasha has an upbeat, happy TT
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants