that you can recall and then
tag four other people
and see if the meme can continue.
First, the five nights, in the order they occurred to me …
1. Wings Over the World Tour comes to Chicago, early summer, 1976. Oh, there had to be a Paul-related event since I've loved Paul McCartney ever since I first laid eyes on him. It was when he sang "Close your eyes and I'll kiss you/tomorrow I'll miss you" during the Beatles' first performance on the Ed Sullivan Show. When the Lads were touring, I wasn't allowed to cross the street by myself, so this was my first opportunity to see him live. It was from the nose-bleed section of the old Chicago Stadium, but so what? It was him.
2. November 3, 1992. The day began with a call from my mother announcing that my kid sister in labor for the first time, followed by me voting for Bill Clinton, a candidate I'd been working for. The night ended with a real party at the Chicago Hilton on South Michigan. I needed to let off steam and this was a fabulous opportunity to celebrate both my niece's birth and Bill's victory. I remember dancing in a "No More Bush" conga line.
3. My best friend tells me … something. It was the moment he went from "guy I work with" to "best friend." It was either early spring or late autumn -- a cold night but not frigid. We'd worked late, went out to dinner, and were walking me to the train station when all of a sudden he blurted something very personal from his past that had really scarred him. It was so personal I won't repeat it here, but what it was doesn't really matter anyway. He needed to share it with me, and wanted me to understand the impact it has had on him. It was an honor that he trusted me with something this intense and important to him.
4. My first Broadway play. I love theater, and to see an exceptional performance of a real Broadway play in a real Broadway theater was an indelible experience. 1984. Jeremy Irons (who won a Tony) and Glenn Close in Tom Stoppard's The Real Thing.
5. My first night with my old boyfriend. Ah, the great love of my life (besides Sir Paul). Our first real kiss took place on his sofa while were watching a cheesy horror flick called Warlock and lasted into Mystery Science Theater. Then things proceeded to the bedroom. My cheeks are getting hot at the memory, so I shall stop now.
My four tags are all chicks …