Here are my 13 favorites. Now may be a good time to visit them because, after a dismal holiday season, you may find some bargains. If you have a favorite I don’t know about, please share.
1) Perpetual Kid. My new favorite for wacky, silly stuff. If ever you find you need a monkey key ring or a bottle of Play Doh-scented cologne, go to perpetualkid.com.
2) Amazon. My first and most enduring online shopping love affair. They sell just about everything now, but I still prefer them for books, music, DVDs and computer games. Also, if Amazon itself doesn't have something in stock, I'm not crazy about ordering from "these sellers." However, that's a small quibble about a site I truly loooove.
3) eBags. Purses! Laptop cases! Luggage! I love the wide range of choices they offer, and how often the merchandise turns over. The prices are good, but they get even better on return visits when you use your "thanks for shopping with us" coupon.
4) Sephora.com. After you choose from just about every kind of cosmetic available, you get to select a couple free samples. And they send your stuff in lovely drawstring bags.
5) Overstock. Books, clothes, linens, electronics … it’s all here, and the shipping cost is always $2.95. I can spend forever on this site.
6) Just Give. Just there today! A friend of mine has a birthday coming up, and she asked me not to buy her a gift. Sorry, unacceptable to this Gal, who loves gifting. So I found a loophole in her request and went to justgive.com. I bought her a gift certificate that she can then donate to one of a million participating charities. (justgive.org)
7) Sundance. My favorite jewelry is here. This is where I got my fabulous green hooded jacket, too. The stuff Sundance sells is unique and they always have neat stuff in their "clearance" section. It's also a great place to shop for gifts. (Just bought my mom a birdhouse that I'll give her for Mother's Day.) sundancecatalog.com
8) Zappos. A tremendous selection of shoes and bags and belts, etc., at great prices, with reasonable shipping/handling rates.
9) One Hanes Place. I am very particular about my underwear. I have my style, I like my style, and that’s that. One Hanes Place always has exactly what I’m looking for (though the shipping costs are kinda steep). onehanesplace.com
10) Expedia. I like this one better than Orbitz, Travelocity or Priceline. No particular reason. I just do.
11) ebay. Because it’s ebay! For cosmetics, collectibles and gifts, this is my first stop.
12) Peapod. Laundry detergent, 12-packs of Coke, jugs of cat litter … Every prohibitively heavy item on my grocery list is at my fingertips. Best of all, it’s delivered directly to my front door.
13) Drugstore.com. Just about everything you can find at a brick and mortar drugstore. With their weekly specials and free shipping on orders over $50, it’s as affordable as shopping in a drugstore and waaay more convenient.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants