1) In this song, our hero tells Susan that "no other girl could ever take the place of you." Crazy Sam feels that no other earmuffs could ever take the place of the ones she left in restaurant coat room last month. Tell us about something you recently broke, lost or misplaced. My other earring. It doesn't matter which pair we're talking about, I have misplaced one of them. I bought this fabulous jewelry organizer but I'm too lazy and sloppy to use it. So every morning begins with the search for the other earring.
4) Chicago is known for deep dish pizza. Describe your dream pizza. (Calories, carbs and gluten need not be a factor because it's dream pizza!) Depends on my mood. Sometimes I like a nice, crispy thin crust sausage pizza. Other times I want a gooey, thick spinach deep dish. They're both good!
5) The Buckinghams got their big break by winning a local "battle of the bands." Do you often go to concerts or bars to listen to live music? Not anymore. I now find that more tiring than fun. I'm so old!
6) The best-selling book in 1968 (the year "Susan" was released) was Airport by Arthur Hailey. It was set during a snowstorm at Lincoln International, a fictional airport based on Chicago's O'Hare. What's the most recent airport you flew to? Why were you there? It was O'Hare. I was coming home from my Christmas trip to the Keys.
7) Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Sox ... Chicago is a big sports town. What's your favorite pro team? Hey, hey, holy mackerel, no doubt about it, THE CUBS ARE ON THEIR WAY! Spring training has begun in Mesa, AZ, and soon it will be Opening Day at Wrigley Field.
8) Thinking of sports, did you watch the Olympics? If yes, which events? I didn't watch any of the Olympics. If it's not the Cubs, I don't much care about sports.
9) Do you consider yourself an idealist or a pragmatist? JFK used to describe himself as an idealist without illusion. I think that's a good way to be.