IN MY TBR PILE
How many will I actually get through? Keep an eye on my Shelfari shelf. It keeps me honest.
1) The Girls from Ames by Jeff Zazlow. "A moving tribute to female friendships, with the inspiring story of eleven girls and the ten women they became."
2) Mercury in Retrograde by Paula Froelich. "The lives of three women intersect when they each decide to move into the same SoHo apartment building. Penelope is a reporter at the New York Telegraph, Lena is an Upper East Side socialite who works at the high-fashion magazine Y, and Dana is a corporate lawyer on the verge of becoming a partner ... As these three different women become friends, they discover that having their carefully planned lives fall to pieces may be the best thing that could ever have happened to them."
3) This Charming Man by Marian Keyes. "Paddy is Ireland's most debonair politician, dubbed the JFK Jr. of Dublin. His charm and charisma have taken hold of the country and the tabloids, not to mention our four heroines, Lola, Grace, Marnie and Alicia ... Narrated in turn by each woman, This Charming Man explores how their love for this one man shaped their lives."
4) Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. One day 28-year-old Cannie Shapiro "opens up a national women's magazine and sees the words Loving a Larger Woman above her boyfriend's byline and she is plunged into misery, and the most amazing year of her life ..."
5) The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes. "A light-hearted, three-heroine romantic farce full of snappy, girl-friendly prose."
6) The Memory Collector by Meg Gardiner. "Forensic psychiatrist Jo Beckett's speciality is the psychological autopsy -- an investigation into a person's life to determine whether a death was natural, accidental, suicide or homicide … When Jo is asked to do a psychological autopsy on a living person -- one with a memory who can't be trusted to participate in his own medical care -- she knows all her skills will be put to the test."
7) Accessory to Murder by Elaine Viets. Josie Marcus, single mom and retail mystery shopper finds herself involved in a murder mystery. (One of my clients regularly hires mystery shoppers and I think they're an interesting sub culture.)
8) Blonde Ambition by Zoey Dean. Scheming on the set of a fictional TV show, Hermosa Beach.
9) Lily by Paulina Simons. "In the city that never sleeps Lily feels she is quietly watching life from the sidelines ... then her best friend and roommate Amy disappears and suddenly life takes a 180º degree turn."
10) Cat Talk by Carole C. Wilbourn. "A cat is a very sensitive animal. How he feels is how he acts. It is, therefore, very important to know how your cat is feeling."
11) Clara's War by Clara Kramer. "The heart-stopping story of a young girl hiding from the Nazis is based on Clara Kramer's diary from her years surviving in an underground bunker with 17 other people."
12) Till the End of Tom by Gillian Roberts. Another in the entertaining series of murder mysteries featuring Philly Prep English teacher Amanda Pepper.
13) Undertow by Sydney Bauer. "Christina Haynes was not breathing. It was a terrible accident. Wasn't it?" Cool illustration of a boat on the cover.
more TT participants,
visit the new hub (thursday-13.com).