1. How was Juno? (Sparky Duck) This is an adorable movie. Funny and sweet, with a very original heroine. I thought it kinda glossed over the emotional issues associated with teen pregnancy and adoption, but then it is a comedy and not An Afternoon Special.
2. Where did you live in Carpentersville? (Greatfullivin) 133 Austin. I stood up for the first time on my own in that house. My family moved when I was a toddler (and yes, of course they took me along!).
3. How do I add you as a "friend" on Shelfari? (Kwizgiver) a. Go to Explore; b. Key in The Gal H; c. When I pop up, click on Request Friendship. Then we'll be connected, shelf to shelf!
4. Do you have shoes strewn all over your living room? (Technically this is from “anonymous,” but I know who it is and she’s in league with my mother -- the same woman who has been trying unsuccessfully to get me to put my shoes away I was old enough to just kick them off and leave them by the front door.) Yes. But it's really very wise and efficient of me. This snow won't last forever, and in no time, it will be 75º and sunny outside and I'll need all those Birkenstock sandals right where I can see them.
5. Why didn’t you name the Cubs as the best thing about your hometown? (Care) This is a perceptive question because, like most right thinking Americans, I consider the Cubs the best thing about living on this planet. However, for that meme I was considering the village I live in as my hometown. (It's less than 30 minutes away from Chicago.)
6. In the Kay Scarpetta series, does Kay know how Marino feels about her? (Malcolm) Yes. But she cares about Marino and needs him professionally so she pretends she doesn't notice so they never have to address it.
9. What games do you like to play at Pogo? (Jenny McB) I am completely addicted to Turbo 21, which is not the same as being good at it. I also like Word Whomp and First Class Solitaire.
10. Which TV Mom do you think you would have lasted longer with – Carol Brady or June Cleaver? (Jenny McB) June Cleaver! She not only never actually disciplined the boys, she was forever imploring Ward to go easy on them. I've never been a fan of being told what to do.
11. Are you on Facebook? (Misty Dawn) No. I think I spend too much time on Blogger. I'm afraid if I went to Facebook, too, I'd never push away from the keyboard!
12. What is your favorite bar? (Gnostic Minx) Monk's Pub on LaSalle & Wells. Burgers, chili, beer and a decent jukebox.
Bonus 14! What do you do that people pay you $85/hour? (Susan Helene Gottfried) I'm an ACD/copywriter, and clients pay the advertising agency I work at $85/hour for my services. After subtracting for office space, and computer, and Social Security and benefits, and naturally some profit for themselves, the agency pays me. It's not unlike the hooker/pimp relationship. (Some days it feels more like that than others.)
1) Sue lists 13 people who live with thyroid conditions
2) Tink quotes the Dalai Lama
3) Nicholas teaches us how to speak British
4) Pjazzypar's TT is the scourge of evil doers!
5) Sandee's TT is so cute … or is it?
8) Malcolm's TT is devoted to 13 special Grammy winners
9) Mama Geek makes dinner, or tries to
10) Cricket's Hearth pokes fun at lawyers
11) Jenny McB shares today's menu
12) Sandy Carlson takes a closer look at Valentine's Day
13) Susan Helene Gottfried hands her blog over to The Shapeshifter gang this week, and they report in from sick bay
14) Sharon knows her Cars stuff!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants