UNSHAKABLY LOYAL TO
Last week, when it was wicked cold and wet outside, I stopped at CVS on my way home from the train. I had to pick up a prescription and decided to buy other essentials before retreating to the dry warmth and comfort of my home for the night. “Paper towels!” I reminded myself and went to the appropriate aisle.
CVS doesn’t sell my preferred brand: Viva. I love Viva paper towels! They are the best for cleaning up after a cat has deposited the contents of his/her stomach on my carpet.
I settled for Bounty, but it wasn’t the same. When it comes to certain products, I want what I want and I want nothing else.
Milk? Whatever. Bread? Ditto. I’m a complete slut when it comes to condiments -- the cheaper, the better. But for the 13 items listed below, they’re my faves and they’re the ones that I want.
so I can thank you.
1. Viva Paper Towels. White, no prints. And one size fits all. I resist those “choose-a-size” sheets; they tear too easily and then no matter what, I have the smallest size.
2. Shout Color Catchers. These lovely white sheets catch the loose dyes, enabling me to wash my white panties with my sweaters, regardless of the color.
3. Pledge Multi-Surface Wipes. I use them across (almost) my entire kitchen. Counters, stove-top, refrigerator door … even spot cleaning the floor. Good on mirrors, too. And, unlike any of the disinfecting wipes, I can dependably get them out of the package!
4. Woolite Foam Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. I used to be a Resolve Foam girl, but I’ve found Woolite to be gentler, yet just as effective.
5. Edge Shave Gel. I trust these calves to nothing else.
6. Aquify Contact Lens Solution. It cleans! It soaks! It moisturizes! It would start my car, too, if I had one.
7. Dove Original Scent Anti-Perspirant Solid. Doesn’t leave streaks on my clothes. Plus I love Dove’s Everywoman advertising, so I’m happy to support the brand.
8. CVS Moisturizing Oatmeal Bath. In the packets. This is the “store brand” version of Aveeno, and trust me, it works just as well as the expensive name brand.
9. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter. Thick enough to really moisturize, fragrant-neutral enough to not compete with any scent I apply later.
10. Clinique Repairwear Eye Cream. Preserves my natural, dewey beauty.
11. Yoplait Yogurt. Fools my sweet tooth into believing we’ve had dessert.
12. Coke Classic. Coca Cola, preferably in the red can. I don’t like Pepsi, I don’t like generic, I don’t like Diet Coke. I want my Coke Classic.
13. Post Select Great Grains. Flakes, pecans, dates and raisins – my favorite cereal. Bar none.
Leave your link in comments and I'll list you here:
1. Sandy Carlson's TT is lovely, musical and inspirational -- all at once!
2. Pjazzypar has a movie TT (and I love movie TTs). This one lists her favorite soundtracks.
3. Morgan Leigh serves up a Presidential TT.
4. Greatfullivin takes us around Boothill.
5. Malcolm takes a closer look at some SNL cast members
6. Ellen B gives us a lovely tour of a historical site that was completely new to me
7. Hootin Ani offers it all -- new banners, jokes and tongue twister!
8. Nicholas has a book TT, as only Nicholas does them
9. SJ Reidhead devotes her TT to Bond, James Bond
10. Sandee spotlights 13 blogs -- including MINE! Yea! Thank you!
11. Natalie has fun with the search terms that bring people to her blog.
12. Chuck has an entertaining, eclectic reading list
13. Susan Helene Gottfried makes some music (or creates some bands) with her TT
14. Mo has an animated and heroic TT
15. Laura tells us why she's happy to be home
16. Journeywoman did a special TT for Black History Month
17. Lori shares valuable, common sense, real world dating tips
18. Sharon, who did a similar TT a few weeks ago, talks TV
19. Angie is listening to 13 of her favorite bands
20. Winter experiments with photography with beautiful results
21. Marcia proudly shares her daughter's artwork
22. Kay has a movie TT, and I do love movie TTs!
23. Jaydee's TT is hard to describe ... you kinda have to experience it
24. Crushed Glass takes a closer look at her calendar
25) Nissa shares her favorite shows
26) Lori offers up 13 cool online quizzes
27) Xakara weaves a fascinating tale of vampires and fangs and thorns and ...
28) Monday Through Sunday takes us back to the 1980s
29) Mercy's Maid's TT is delightfully random
30) Brittany helps with stress
31) Lisa's TT is brought to us by the letter D
32) Brenda shares her insights on Old Man Winter
33) Mama Bear takes us back to the 1930s
34) Lori looks at American Idol
35) Sarai has a literary TT
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants