Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
2) Jimmy sings it's just 20º outside. How high will the mercury reach where you are today? Jimmy is close! It hit 22º on Friday! Today is supposed to be a little warmer.
3) "Boat drinks" are mixed drinks designed to enhance the enjoyment of a boat ride or time on the beach. Popular boat drinks include The Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, and Mimosa. When did you last sip an alcoholic beverage? Was it a boat drink? Friday afternoon, I had a beer. Not even a Corona with lime, just a plain old Miller Lite.
4) Jimmy met his wife, Jane, in Key West at a bar called The Chart Room. Have you ever been to Key West? Every year for decades. I used to go down for New Year's, but since my mom passed away, I've been spending Christmas with my old friends Henry and Reg.
5) Have you ever met anyone worth knowing at a bar? No.
6) While Keith Richard and Paul McCartney have made cameo appearances in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Jimmy Buffet has not. Producers have asked him, but he's always had to decline because of his touring schedule. Have you seen any of the Pirates/Jack Sparrow movies? No. But here's a clip of his lordship as Jack Sparrow's jailer.
7) When Jimmy gave the commencement address at the University of Miami, he showed up in flip-flops. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? I have lots of sandals, but no flip flops. I hate that between-the-toe thing.
8) Jimmy has his own station on Sirius Radio. Do you subscribe to Sirius? No.
9) Random question: What trend or fad from your youth do you hope never makes a comeback? Big floppy hats. Or anything else they're wearing. God, humans were an ugly race in the 1970s.