1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? That the new lightbulb is working out well. The fixture takes three bulbs, but only the one on the far right burned out. I was afraid just changing the one wouldn't look the same. It's fine.
2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life? Duck Lake. My parents and grandparents took a clapboard cottage up there. I was 4 or 5. My grandfather took my sister and I out in a row boat and I caught my only fish. I felt terrible when I watched him take the hook out of its mouth. It was such a tiny fish, the hook did damage. I've never gone fishing again.
3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see? Cans of Dr. Pepper. I usually buy Coke, but Dr. Pepper was on sale.
4. Tell us about your first kiss OR your last first date. His name was Jim. Two years older than I. He barely knew me. I was in line, waiting for my order at Jack-in-the-Box, and he and his friend (I forget his name) came barrelling in, singing The Four Tops "Ain't No Woman Like the One I Got." They each grabbed a girl in line, kissed her, laughed and ran. I'm sure he doesn't remember it, but it was a big moment for me. MY FIRST KISS!
5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land? Hesperia, California. My oldest friend lives there, and I could use an afternoon of laughter with her.
6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car? No car
7. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn? No kid
8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love? That his mom had died. I sent a white orchid plant to the funeral home. I haven't seen/spoken to him in decades, but his mother had remained a good friend to my late mother, and I felt my mother would have wanted me to make the gesture.
9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day? Oh, no you don't. You're not going to get me to second guess the Lord.
10. What is the first song in your IPOD or song list? "If I Had a Million Dollars" by The Barenaked Ladies.
11. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again? My virginity. While it could never be recaptured, I know exactly how I lost it.
12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time? JBK. She's my ultimate hero. Did you know she's the only First Lady to have won an Emmy Award? In 1962 she hosted a televised tour of The White House. She did the whole thing without notes, answering questions about the People's House and the origin of the items in each pubic room. She used to joke privately that no one thought there was "a brain under the pillbox hat." There certainly was!
13. Post a link to your first blog post. Why? I imagine if you want to read it, you can figure out how to find it.
14. When was the last time you needed First Aid? Two weeks ago I wore a Band Aid after my flu shot.
15. Can you explain what a first down is in football? The first time the offense gains 10 yards. But I don't really like football, so instead I'll concentrate on the ground rule double at my beloved Wrigley Field. Ivy covers the outfield walls. If the ball gets trapped in the green leaves, the outfielder must raise his arms immediately, before he tries to retrieve the ball, and the hitter is awarded second base.
|BTW, congrats to the Astros, the best in the game, 2019|