Saturday, November 08, 2008
Sunday Stealing: The Nudder Meme
1. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? Tony
2. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? A lot! A trip to Springfield to see the Lincoln (and now Obama!) sites, Thanksgiving, my birthday, and my mom's birthday.
3. Who was the last person you called? My mom, but she wasn't home. (Party girl!)
4. What were you doing at 12am last night? Probably watching a campaign-related post-mortem on CNN or MSNBC.
5. Are your parents married/divorced? Well, they were married, but my dad's been dead for years.
6. When did you last see your mom? About 10 days ago.
7. What are you wearing right now? A fabulous cat nightshirt.
8. Where is your favorite place to be? Tucked in the corner of my sofa. I find this a very comforting spot.
9. Where is your least favorite place to be? The doctor's office. I really should go in and see my GP, but I don't wanna.
10. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? The Chateau Elan spa outside of Atlanta. I think my shoulders, aching back and soul could use a little pampering.
11. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years? Hopefully right here. I worry about becoming unemployed for a long period of time and not being able to make my mortgage payments.
12. What was the last thing that really made you laugh? The antics of Lucy and Ricky Riccardo
13. What cities/towns/villages have you lived in? I've only ever lived in the Chicagoland area. I love it here.
14. Are you a social person? Sometimes. I also really value my alone time.
15. Do you sleep alone? Yes. Dammit.
My bus driver this morning was so freaking hostile! Even worse, it's been bothering me all day. Why did I let her talk to me that way? It's not right. Even worse, why do I let this get to me? I know I did nothing wrong or rude and besides, I know I'll probably never see that woman again. What difference does it make?
1. Where is the furthest place that you have traveled and how far away from home is it? Berne, Switzerland; 4443 miles from Chicago (I looked it up)
2. What is a blog that you would recommend for us to read and why? Wonkette. It's a deliciously gossipy, very funny political blog with tons of links to actual, more serious articles from all around the country. (I'm often pissed off by the content, which leads me to believe that Wonkette is an equal opportunity offender.)
3. What is the biggest surprise you ever have had and was it a good one? I cannot come up with anything that's easy to explain so I'm going to pass. Sorry. I'm probably overthinking this.
4. What is your favorite quote? (We know we've asked this recently. But there is always another great quote! :) "Books. Cats. Life Is Good." Edward Gorey. As it looks more likely I'll lose my job soon and my professional future is hard to predict, it's important to remember the permanent things in my life that I'll always have and that will always bring me joy.
5. Have you ever been hospitalized for a major health situation? I was hospitalized for a day and a half after a UFE. It's a chick procedure, fellas, so if you're squeamish, don't look it up. Ladies, it's a safe and non-invasive fibroid treatment and if you're plagued by this problem, I recommend you look into it.
6. Do you prefer long hair or short hair for yourself? Since my hair is currently growing out after I spent decades of wearing it short, I admit I am embarrassed by how much I think about this. Once I come to a conclusion, I'll let you all know!
7. What was your favorite amusement park ride growing up? Tilt-a-Whirl. Loooove it!
8. How long do you talk on your phone on a typical day? Not so much anymore! It seems everyone emails and texts.
9. Other than Saturday 9, what is your favorite meme to do each week? Thursday Thirteen. I've been doing it so long it's a habit, like brushing my teeth.
For more about Saturday 9, click here.