Saturday, November 08, 2008

Saturday 9 -- So Far Away


1. Where is the furthest place that you have traveled and how far away from home is it? Berne, Switzerland; 4443 miles from Chicago (I looked it up)

2. What is a blog that you would recommend for us to read and why? Wonkette. It's a deliciously gossipy, very funny political blog with tons of links to actual, more serious articles from all around the country. (I'm often pissed off by the content, which leads me to believe that Wonkette is an equal opportunity offender.)

3. What is the biggest surprise you ever have had and was it a good one? I cannot come up with anything that's easy to explain so I'm going to pass. Sorry. I'm probably overthinking this.

4. What is your favorite quote? (We know we've asked this recently. But there is always another great quote! :) "Books. Cats. Life Is Good." Edward Gorey. As it looks more likely I'll lose my job soon and my professional future is hard to predict, it's important to remember the permanent things in my life that I'll always have and that will always bring me joy.

5. Have you ever been hospitalized for a major health situation? I was hospitalized for a day and a half after a UFE. It's a chick procedure, fellas, so if you're squeamish, don't look it up. Ladies, it's a safe and non-invasive fibroid treatment and if you're plagued by this problem, I recommend you look into it.

6. Do you prefer long hair or short hair for yourself? Since my hair is currently growing out after I spent decades of wearing it short, I admit I am embarrassed by how much I think about this. Once I come to a conclusion, I'll let you all know!

7. What was your favorite amusement park ride growing up? Tilt-a-Whirl. Loooove it!

8. How long do you talk on your phone on a typical day? Not so much anymore! It seems everyone emails and texts.

9. Other than Saturday 9, what is your favorite meme to do each week? Thursday Thirteen. I've been doing it so long it's a habit, like brushing my teeth.

For more about Saturday 9, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love the Tilt-a-Whirl too. What a fun ride. Great meme. Thanks for sharing. Regarding your question about food not tasting the same since my pregnancy, and my dislike for grocery shopping. No, I've always hatted going to the grocery store. If it was clothes shopping or jewelry, I'd love it. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote! And I really liked the tilt-a-whirl as well. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't come up with a surprise, either. The Tilt-a-whirl is my favorite ride, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Tilt-A-Whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:04 PM

    Never had a ride in my entire life. Anyway, my first entry is up. Hope you can check it out!

    Cheers,
    Nita

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.