I’m hooked on stats! The ones that follow are from Statcounter, Technorati and Blogger. I realize that keeping up with these stats is the geeky, silly, self-obsessed blogger equivalent of Googling oneself, but I can’t help it.
1. My Technorati “authority rank” (the number of blogs that link back to this one) is an even 80.
2. 23% of my visitors are from outside the United States.
3. Most international visitors come to my humble posts from Canada, but I have had five hits from the United Arab Emirates.
4. The visitor who found me over the greatest distance was from Queensland, Australia. Alas, that blogger never returned. (I’m sorry for whatever it is I did or said that offended you! Please come back!)
5. Domestically, I’ve had hits from all 50 states, but I am not exactly hitsville in Delaware. Only one blogger from Delaware has stopped by, and that person left immediately. (After only 1 second.)
6. The keyword used most often (14 times) to find this blog is “Nailah Franklin.” Ms. Franklin is the local woman whose death this past autumn touched me so. I have posted about her 3 times to date.
7. Thursday Thirteens bring me a lot of interaction. The post that earned the most comments (46) was my recent TT on “Tearjerkers.”
8. The oldest post that still attracts folks is my Thursday Thirteen from back in July – “13 women I want to hang with in Heaven.”
9. According to my own labels, I love memes and … BASEBALL!
10. Of my 90+ baseball posts, more than half have highlighted my beloved, future Hall of Famer (and now Padre), Greg Maddux. This surprised me. I thought I was more purely Cub-obsessed.
11. The famous person who has received the next most mentions is Paul McCartney. This does not surprise me. I’ve been in love with him since I was 6 years old.
12. Those little Adsense ads have earned me a princely $10.83 to date. I’m cashing out my 401(k)!
13. And now, in a public display of gratitude, I want to thank the following bloggers for honoring me with awards:
• “Be the Blog” and “The Friend Award” from Misty Blue
• “You Make the Smile Award” from Lori
• “Blogging Star,” “Sweet Treat” and “Community Blogger” awards from Alison
• “Nice Matters” and “Sweet as a Candied Apple” Award from Kwizgiver
• “Smile Award” from Tina
• “Thoughtful Blogger Award” from Mo
• “Rockin’ Girl Blogger” from Gabriella Hewitt
Just because I don’t display these awards all the time doesn’t mean that I don’t catalog, appreciate and remember them. When I began this silly thing, it was merely an online journal. How nice to enjoy back-and-forth with readers! I’m a very lucky blogger.
2. Sandee has a not very typical Christmas-themed TT
3. Chelle Y shares her son's Christmas wish list
4. Let Ellen b (and her grandpa) make you smile
5. SJ highlights some unsportsmanlike comments she's received from Ron Paul supporters
6. Nicholas shares highlights of his DVD collection
7. Susie J helps out by sharing 13 great places to hide gifts
8. Works for Mom takes on those dopey holiday letters (it needs to be said!)
9. Lori lists 13 of her favorite movies
10. Malcolm has a cool TT about TV stars and their nationalities
11. Yellow Rose has a very random TT
12. Denise spotlights a little known (at least to this Gal) historical woman ruler
13. Greatfullivin encourages us to laugh
14. Secret Agent Mama gives close examination to peanut butter sandwiches
15. Wylie Kinson competes with People for the best list of the Sexiest Men Alive
16. No Nonsense Girl has a wise and enriching TT
17. Deb puts us in the Christmas spirit with her favorite carols
18. Cordia Amant has a book TT, and I love book TTs
19. Fresh Girl has a musical TT, too
20. Harlekwin -- who did the kitty banner you see above -- takes on the holiday blues
21. She's revealed herself! Grace is my visitor from the United Arab Emerites! And her TT is suggestions of what to do when your lifeline -- I mean, your ISP -- is down.
22. Beth lists the first 13 TTs she visited. This one's not listed, so go there looking for new links to click.
23. Candy's TT is really a love note to her hubby
24. Robin (from Israel!) has a TT about Hannukah
25. LA Day takes us shopping
26. Joy Is My Goal captures the spirit of the season with nativities
27. Carrie Lofty has a musical TT
28. Mom Huebert enjoys 13 simple pleasures
29. I am the diva shares the google searches that brought her readers
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants