Wednesday, November 28, 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #43 -- About a Blog …


13 FACTS ABOUT THIS VERY BLOG

I’m hooked on stats! The ones that follow are from Statcounter, Technorati and Blogger. I realize that keeping up with these stats is the geeky, silly, self-obsessed blogger equivalent of Googling oneself, but I can’t help it.

1. My Technorati “authority rank” (the number of blogs that link back to this one) is an even 80.

2. 23% of my visitors are from outside the United States.

3. Most international visitors come to my humble posts from Canada, but I have had five hits from the United Arab Emirates.

4. The visitor who found me over the greatest distance was from Queensland, Australia. Alas, that blogger never returned. (I’m sorry for whatever it is I did or said that offended you! Please come back!)

5. Domestically, I’ve had hits from all 50 states, but I am not exactly hitsville in Delaware. Only one blogger from Delaware has stopped by, and that person left immediately. (After only 1 second.)

6. The keyword used most often (14 times) to find this blog is “Nailah Franklin.” Ms. Franklin is the local woman whose death this past autumn touched me so. I have posted about her 3 times to date.

7. Thursday Thirteens bring me a lot of interaction. The post that earned the most comments (46) was my recent TT on “Tearjerkers.”

8. The oldest post that still attracts folks is my Thursday Thirteen from back in July – “13 women I want to hang with in Heaven.”

9. According to my own labels, I love memes and … BASEBALL!

10. Of my 90+ baseball posts, more than half have highlighted my beloved, future Hall of Famer (and now Padre), Greg Maddux. This surprised me. I thought I was more purely Cub-obsessed.

11. The famous person who has received the next most mentions is Paul McCartney. This does not surprise me. I’ve been in love with him since I was 6 years old.

12. Those little Adsense ads have earned me a princely $10.83 to date. I’m cashing out my 401(k)!

13. And now, in a public display of gratitude, I want to thank the following bloggers for honoring me with awards:

• “Be the Blog” and “The Friend Award” from Misty Blue
• “You Make the Smile Award” from Lori
• “Blogging Star,” “Sweet Treat” and “Community Blogger” awards from Alison
• “Nice Matters” and “Sweet as a Candied Apple” Award from Kwizgiver
• “Smile Award” from Tina
• “Thoughtful Blogger Award” from Mo
• “Rockin’ Girl Blogger” from Gabriella Hewitt

Just because I don’t display these awards all the time doesn’t mean that I don’t catalog, appreciate and remember them. When I began this silly thing, it was merely an online journal. How nice to enjoy back-and-forth with readers! I’m a very lucky blogger.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens.
1. This week, Holly blogs about a subject she's the undisputed expert on
2. Sandee has a not very typical Christmas-themed TT
3. Chelle Y shares her son's Christmas wish list
4. Let Ellen b (and her grandpa) make you smile
5. SJ highlights some unsportsmanlike comments she's received from Ron Paul supporters
6. Nicholas shares highlights of his DVD collection
7. Susie J helps out by sharing 13 great places to hide gifts
8. Works for Mom takes on those dopey holiday letters (it needs to be said!)
9. Lori lists 13 of her favorite movies
10. Malcolm has a cool TT about TV stars and their nationalities
11. Yellow Rose has a very random TT
12. Denise spotlights a little known (at least to this Gal) historical woman ruler
13. Greatfullivin encourages us to laugh
14. Secret Agent Mama gives close examination to peanut butter sandwiches
15. Wylie Kinson competes with People for the best list of the Sexiest Men Alive
16. No Nonsense Girl has a wise and enriching TT
17. Deb puts us in the Christmas spirit with her favorite carols
18. Cordia Amant has a book TT, and I love book TTs
19. Fresh Girl has a musical TT, too
20. Harlekwin -- who did the kitty banner you see above -- takes on the holiday blues
21. She's revealed herself! Grace is my visitor from the United Arab Emerites! And her TT is suggestions of what to do when your lifeline -- I mean, your ISP -- is down.
22. Beth lists the first 13 TTs she visited. This one's not listed, so go there looking for new links to click.
23. Candy's TT is really a love note to her hubby
24. Robin (from Israel!) has a TT about Hannukah
25. LA Day takes us shopping
26. Joy Is My Goal captures the spirit of the season with nativities
27. Carrie Lofty has a musical TT
28. Mom Huebert enjoys 13 simple pleasures
29. I am the diva shares the google searches that brought her readers



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


41 comments:

  1. I am not from Deleware - sorry...

    This one was fun! (and I may steal your idea one of these TT-13's!)

    I also get a kick out of seeing the keywords that brings the most visitors to my blog. Fun, isn't it?

    Happy TT-13!

    Smiles,
    Holly
    http://theabundanceplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done. Lots of information on why you look at your stats. Have a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love statistics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Fun stats! Happy TT to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to answer your question about the tickets... Oriental Trading Company.Com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. Technorati and I are at war with one another. Wait until the pull the rug out from under your authority!

    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:10 PM

    And I'm sure Paul McCartney thinks very highly of you too!

    I always wonder about people who visit for only a second or two. What is it that makes them decide so quickly that they aren't interested? But it is always pleasing to see people who visit for long periods and view many pages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:11 PM

    I had no idea -- I'll have to do this myself. Very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thats awesome!! That is something to be proud of:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Technorati rank of 80! That's pretty good (what a c-lister)? Great list and stats!! I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so proud of you!! Great job:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get caught up in blog stats too. It's addictive, but in a good way. The fact that Greg Maddux and Paul McCartney were the celebs that you mentioned the most times wasn't a surprise to me. Your love for those two is obvious.

    As Holly mentioned, I also am intrigued/amused by the keywords that people use to get to my blog. I posted it about it earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use to be obsessed with my stats, after a few years of blogging, I seldom check. Though it is interesting to see what countries check in!

    Interesting TT!! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one was fun and interesting! I love the stat thing too. All 50 states , good for you! I am always amazed at what people google toend up onmy blog too. Great TT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Great TT post!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting. I was a bit obsessed with my stat counter for a few weeks but the novelty wore off...
    The oldest post on mine that still gets hits was from Nov 06 - a post about feminism and BRATZ dolls. They either agree with me or send me hate mail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm one of your daily visitor but not from delaware..

    My TT this week is 13 truths that have changed my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Nice Thursday! I have a good one up on mine, with a few perks!! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's funny (and sad) how interesting those little stats can be. I've spent many an hour looking at mine, trying hard to will them to be bigger and more interesting. Sigh, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love reading stuff like this, probably because I'm a little obsessed with my Technorati and Sitemeter stats, too. (I really need to get Statcounter, too, don't I?)

    My stats were more impressive before I had to abandon my old blog and change my name... oh, well, I like the challenge of building them back up. ;)

    Fun TT again, Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!

    I'm your returning visitor from the beautiful state of ..... OR maybe I just shouldn't say! *g* It isn't Delaware!

    The recent keyword searches are really good for a giggle or two, especially since most of them are so out of context.

    Great list! Happy TT!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very interesting post. I like knowing where the people that come to my blog come from, too.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous1:06 AM

    I am the visitor from United Arab Emirates! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous1:10 AM

    I think blog stats are part of the addiction of blogging! lol Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have statcounter but I don't really check it much, hehe! This makes me want to look at my stats. Great post! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm hooked on statcounter too. It fascinates me to see where everyone is coming from.

    (I'm the hit you'll see from Israel by the way.)

    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Talk about informative.
    I have no idea how to track all of those things on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun post-- i like to look too-- I have a faithful reader from India and I love that My most looked for is patriotic cake:>

    ReplyDelete
  29. Here I am, a lowly reader from Wisconsin. Not so exotic, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy TT

    Another visiter from the frozen North of Canada! :D

    My TT is up here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous1:07 PM

    I love stats too, so you have my complete support. :)

    It was a great deal of fun to read. *grin*

    ~X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous4:08 PM

    I love reading the words that bring people to my blog...it cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very interesting list. I need to learn about better trackers as I had a simple counter and it does not show up about 95% of the time.

    As for Delaware, don't feel too bad, I don't think there are that many people IN Delaware to be surfing blogs, mainly banks.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm brand new to T13 - I'm at #2. I just figured out that you're supposed to post on Wednesday, which makes sense. Learn as you go I guess. You can add another Canadian to your stats. And don't worry about the stats thing, I've had exchanges with many bloggers about that and we're all obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Misty Blue, eh? Well, I guess I have been feeling rather blue this week ;-)

    I love your blog - so your stats with me are at the top!!! I wish I could figure out how to find all that information (I'm a stat freak too - but I can't find all the stuff like 'top searches', like the rest of you find).

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great TT! This Cali Gal will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a terrific idea for a TT! I've got to remember it for future reference. Enjoyed the facts about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice idea for a Thirteen. Doesn't it surprise you some of the stats you can come up with?

    No TT13 for me this week, I just wrote about it. I have no patience for working with a slow internet connection.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.