6. If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.
7. I look forward to a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
8. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
9. Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.
10. Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us.
11. The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.