22. Favorite year so far? When I was 35, it was a very good year. (I feel like I'm channeling Sinatra.)
23. Do you consider yourself religious? Yes. I believe in God and He guides me.
24. How do you dress to impress? No. I dress to fit in, not stand out.
25. Have you ever been to Connecticut? No. But it seems like a perfectly lovely place. I recently entered a pair of sweepstakes to win dinner with the President and either Sarah Jessica Parker or Bill Clinton, both in New York. My best friend teased me that I did it more for the free trip to NYC than to support Barack Obama, and there may be something to that. I find that, next to Chicago, I feel most comfortable in the east/mid-Atlantic states than I do on the west coast.
26. Do you eat sushi? Only to be polite.
27. Would you smoke pot providing there was no risk or driving involved? No. I have never smoked anything and don't intend to now. I prefer to get high in ways that don't leave my hair and clothes smelling bad.
28. What do you think of Idol Winner Phillip Phillips?? He seems very original. I didn't watch closely this season, but Jessica Sanchez seemed very much in the Jordin Sparks mode, so I thought she'd win. But Phillips doesn't remind me of anyone else. I'm impressed that America chose him. (Since we're talking Idol: is it me or has Ryan Seacrest's hair gotten taller and weirder in front? When I saw him in profile during the last performance show, I thought he looked like a cartoon character.)
29. Do you believe that animals have souls? Yes.
30. Who did you last talk to? Share, if you dare. Kathy. (See below.)
31. What is one thing that always annoys you? My hair and clothes smelling like cigarettes or pot.
32. Do you believe in a higher being? Didn't I answer this in #23?
33. Have you ever fallen in love with a neighbor? At the beginning of the first grade school year, in between my fleeting crush on "Little Joe" Cartwright (aka Michael Landon) and falling hard for Beatle Paul, I was swept away by our neighbors' adult son. He moved in with his parents for a few glorious weeks before his wedding to some teased-hair wench named Sandy. He was very glamorous, with his shiny black hair and short sleeved shirts even in chilly autumn weather, and he led me on by letting me help him wash his car (which was an honor). It was heartbreaking when he actually went through with the wedding, and then he and the wench moved away. Love hurts, people!
34. Any plans for this weekend? I really, really have to figure out if I need any new clothes this summer. I know going through closets isn't exciting, but it needs to be done.
35. Would you like to rule your country, if you could? I already do. Galtopia. It's struggling. I'm not a very attentive despot.
36. Do you like watching films about the nature of animals? No. I don't like the tension. It seem some poor animal is always at risk of being chomped in half by a crocodile.
37. What's the difference between lust and/or lust? I suspect this question lost something in translation. But that's OK. I like lust.
38. Do you have a soul? I answered in #29 that animals have souls. I am a mammal. Ipso facto. (I don't get to use Latin anywhere near often enough in memes!)
39. One best friend or many good friends? Yes. I mean, I have both.
40. Do you believe in spontaneous combustion? Only for drummers.