one devoted to movies.
THIRTEEN GREAT MOVIES FROM 1987
Twenty-five years ago we enjoyed an embarrassment of riches at the movies. Here are thirteen that gave us catchphrases that still crop up in conversation today.
1) Wall Street. "Greed is good." Michael Douglas
2) Moonstruck. "Snap out of it!" Cher
3) Dirty Dancing. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." Patrick Swayze
4) The Untouchables. "They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!" Sean Connery
5) Planes, Trains and Automobiles. "Those aren't pillows!" Steve Martin
6) Fatal Attraction. "I'm not gonna be ignored, Dan!" Glenn Close
7) Princess Bride. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Mandy Patinkin
8) Broadcast News. "I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time." Albert Brooks
9) Lethal Weapon. "You think I'm crazy? You wanna see crazy?" Mel Gibson
10) Good Morning, Vietnam. "Good morning, Vietnam!" Robin Williams
11) Running Man. "I'm not into politics. I'm into survival." Arnold Schwarzenegger
12) Three Men and a Baby. "We're going to need some kind of cleaning fluid to get this off." Tom Selleck
13) The Witches of Eastwick. "I'm just your average horny little devil." Jack Nicholson.