1. What is your all-time favorite "costume" movie or period piece? Little Women.
2. What classic film would you nominate for a remake? A Face in the Crowd. A radio talk show host becomes an overnight sensation, gets drunk with power, and is eventually exposed as the intolerant hypocrite he always was. Maybe it's time for Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh to make his movie debut?
4. Name the best movie with the word "heaven" in its title. Heaven Can Wait. So romantic!
5. Describe the worst performance by a child actor that you’ve ever seen. Bonnie Blue Butler in Gone with the Wind. Gawd! That little girl was hideous!
6. Who gets your vote for most tragic movie monster? Frankenstein
8. Who is your ideal movie-viewing partner? My mom
9. Has a film ever made you want to change your life? If so, what was the film? The Way We Were. I first saw it when I was in high school. It influenced me to resist tamping down the truest part of myself, just to fit in.
10. Think of one performer that you truly love. Now think of one scene/movie/performance of theirs that is too uncomfortable for you to watch. Judy Garland in Love Finds Andy Hardy. She plays Betsey, the fat girl who wins Andy's attention only because she's rich and can sing. She was only 15 when she made it, and according to legend it made her feel homely and unattractive in real life. I hate the way MGM tap danced on her psyche, just to get a good performance out of her.
11. On the flip side, think of one really good scene/performance/movie from a performer that you truly loathe. I usually find Bob Hope unwatchable, but he's terrific in The Seven Little Foys.
12. What movie has the best soundtrack? A Hard Day's Night
13. Favorite actor with a mustache? (i.e: Charlie Chaplin, William Powell) Groucho, of course!
14. Shadowy film noir from the 1940's or splashy colorful musicals from the 1950's? Noir
15. Favorite classic Disney? Mary Poppins