2) This song was in the top 10 in 1972, which is also the year HBO was introduced. Do you have any premium cable channels? Too many! Last year I bundled my phone, internet and cable and just got all these premium channels that I never watch. I keep meaning to call Comcast because now that that introductory first year of bundling is up, perhaps I can save money by dropping a couple.
3) Mother Winters taught Sam how to kill the lingering food smells in her microwave (take a bowl of water, add a few drops of vanilla extract, and heat it in the microwave). Do you have any useful household hints to pass along? Shampoo is a very effective laundry pretreat for food stains and blood.
4) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know? Bonjour. That's about it.
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming? My condo building doesn't have much of a yard, but I am cheered by the flowers that are appearing all over town.
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought? My aunt's birthday is this week. I just mailed her a kitten card. She always relates me with cats.
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? No. I should. I just haven't been feeling very well this week.
8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?" Oink. I have transcended "messy" and moved straight into "piggy."
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away candy bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?
Almonds, s'il vous plait. (Hey! I do know more French!)