This movie delighted me when I saw it for the first time at the theater in 1978. Every time I've seen it since, I've still loved it. It remains as shameless, outrageous, vulgar, hip and almost unbearably funny as ever.
What follows are some of my favorite quotes from the film. This list is by no means exhaustive. If you're a fan and one of your favorites isn't included, I apologize -- but gimme a break, there were only 13 slots! And if you're not familiar with Animal House, I suggest you memorize these quotations because as Emil Faber, esteemed founder of Faber College, once said, "KNOWLEDGE IS GOOD."
1) “Eric Stratton, Pledge Chairman. Damn glad to meet you.” Otter
2) “The time has come for someone put his foot down. And that foot is ME!” Dean Vernon Wormer
3) “Thank you, sir, may I have another?” Chip
4) “Listen! I’m not joking! This is my JOB!” Professor Jennings
5) “Toga! Toga!” Bluto
6) Boone: “You’re going to hump her brains out, aren’t you?”
Otter: “I anticipate a deeply religious experience.”
7) “Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.” Dean Wormer
8) “Over? Did you say, ‘over?’ Nothing is over until we say it’s over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!” Bluto
9) “We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. And we’re just the guys to do it!” Otter
10) Flounder: “I can’t believe I threw up in front of Dean Wormer.”
Boone: “Face it, Kent. You threw up on Dean Wormer.”
11) “You fucked up, you trusted us!” Otter
12) “I’m a zit! Get it?” Bluto
13) “Christ, 7 years of college down the drain!” Bluto
1) SJR shows us around her workplace
2) Malcolm shares the agony of dial up
3) Adelle helps us put romance into words
4) Claudia has a relaxing, yet interactive TT
5) Sandy speaks fluent text
6) Lori shares what's on her mind
7) Lisa concentrates on the letter "T"
8) Poppingbubbles gets up and dances
9) Forgetfulone gives us tips for keeping our candles fresh
10) Journeywoman takes us to the movies!
11) Denise captures 13 moments from her week away with the kids from church
12) Nina posts her scrapbooking wishlist
13) Let's go to the cottage with Clara!
14) We're all invited to sing along with Lori
15) Bellezza takes us to the arboretum.
16) Marcia gives us a tour of Pioneer Country
17) Starrlight reveals that she is a musical schizophrenic!
18) B Boys Mom shows us around her desk
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants