Tuesday, September 01, 2009
1. What is the craziest thing you've ever done in the name of love? I actually almost quit my job and left my family and friends to move to Fremont, California, with the most toxic man to ever draw breath. No, really, he is. You may think you've dated some repulsivos, but trust me, I wasted a decade with the real title holder.
2. How much mystery should there be in a relationship? Is it a good thing or not? I should be enveloped in mystery, and yet be able to know every damn thing I want about the man in my life.
3. Is there someone in the blogosphere you'd like to get to know more intimately? Have you been too shy to ask? Let me help you. Write a 3 sentence anonymous blove letter to them in this meme.
Leave a link if you dare. (I promise not to tell!)
Dear John Mayer, I love how sensitive you are on "Waiting for the World to Change" and "Daughters." I love how vulgar and silly you are on Twitter. I want to eat cereal in bed with you.www.johnmayer.com
4. Describe a "perfect evening" with the one you love. Watching a movie at home, sitting on the floor, drinking beer and eating pizza. Then lots of sex, please.
5. If you are in a relationship, describe the one thing that makes it work well for you. If you are not in a relationship, do you want to be? If so, what type of romance are you looking for? What would it look like in your life? To borrow from The Boss, I long for someone who will "guard my dreams and visions." Then lots of sex, please.
7. I've got the Bloggingham Blues. What type of man is right for Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt? Do any of you see love in her foreseeable future? What do you suggest I do to spice up my love life? What am I doing wrong????!
I object to the basic premise, for I don't believe you are doing anything "wrong." So much of love is timing. A coworker and I were discussing Gone with the Wind (and, yes, come to think of it, Rhett Butler would be great for you). We both read it for the first time in high school and loved it. But if we read it for the first time now, would we love it as much? The book remains the same but we evolve. So you just haven't found the right man for this time of your life yet. And why would any woman ask ME for advice on love? Are Liz Taylor and Jessica Simpson both busy?