Saturday, July 25, 2009
Sunday Stealing: The "Leave It to Meme" Meme
1. Who was your FIRST date? A guy I hung around with, or who, more precisely, let me hang around with him. He was a neighbor boy, a year ahead of me. Soooo sophisticated!
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? Nope.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? A very sweet liqueur from a very ornate bottle. We'd liberated it from our parents' liquor cabinet.
4. What was your FIRST job? Babysitting.
5. What was your FIRST car? An ancient Impala.
6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? Fort Lauderdale to visit my uncle.
7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? She's the one I refer to on this blog as "my oldest friend." We've known each other since we were 6.
8. Whose wedding did you attend the FIRST time? Our next door neighbor's son. Billy was in his 20s, I was in Kindergarten. I used to visit with him as he washed his car and he promised he'd marry me. I was really pissed that he not only wasn't waiting for me, but I had to watch him marry HER. (Her name was Sandy and she used a lot of hairspray.) He had an undiagnosed heart problem and died suddenly just a few years later.
9. Tell us about your FIRST roommate. I've never had a roommate.
10. If you had one wish, what would it be (other than more wishes)? Serenity.
11. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? To dance. You know, box step. I wanna be Ginger Rogers.
12. Did you marry the FIRST person you were in love with? Nope.
13. What were the first lessons you ever took and why? Ballet. Why? Because I was in second grade. My mother told me to get in the car, as so I went.
14. What is the first thing you do when you get home? Toss my keys into the basket by the front door so I don't lose them.
Saturday 9: Fast Car
1. What’s the furthest trip you’ve taken by automobile? 800 miles = Chicago to Montreal. It was with my family when I was 9. I fought with my sister over the armrest in the backseat for the full 800 miles.
2. What’s the worst pick up line you've ever received? "You could pee on my shoes." Really. My first full day in New York.
3. What’s the best pick up line you’ve gotten? "Exactly what would it take to get you in bed?" We'd just met that night, we'd been flirting for quite some time and were sitting very close together on the sofa. His timing was perfect. He got much further with me than the gentleman in question #2.
4. What was the last gift that you received? Studio portrait of my niece and nephew.
5. What was the last gift that you gave someone? A small wood wish box for my oldest friend. By writing her wish on a slip of paper and keeping it in the box, she can help make it come true.
6. Tell us about the last time you cried. Watching Marley & Me. "Goodbye, Clearance Puppy."
7. Tell us about the last time you laughed uncontrollably. My friend John's birthday celebration. It was at the expense of TV commentator Nancy Grace, and it was in very bad taste.
8. Do you suffer road rage? What are your thoughts on it? I don't drive, so I'm exempt.
9. What’s one of your favorite movie quotes? "You still think you're the cutest little trick in shoe leather." Rhett to Scarlett.