Sunday, February 15, 2009
Which makes me feel almost predatory for being so excited about my trip to Famous Footwear. The new cross trainers were on sale for $30, thank you very much. Also picked up these adorable Roxy plaid flats for 1/2 price. I haven't been shoe shopping in soooo long and I was gratified to find such great deals. While I'm confident that I'll be employed through summer, I still don't think it's wise for me to spend the way I used to. (It's possible it was never that wise, but that's another story for another time.) I understand that the retail sector has been hit very hard by the economic downturn, but I have to tend to my personal economic health and welfare, too. It's seductive to rationalize indulging in retail therapy as my patriotic duty, but that's a trap I'm trying to avoid.
1. where is your significant other? In my imagination.
2. your favorite thing? The clear blue sky I see out my livingroom window.
3. your dream last night? Don't recall.
4. your goal? Getting organized.
5. your hobby? Reading or farting around online
6. where do you want to be in 6 years? Margaritaville
7. where were you last night? Right here
8. what you're not? Thin
9. one of your wish list items? Cash would be nice
10. your pet? Reynaldo is sitting on the window sill, looking at me. Hi, Rey!
11. missing someone? Yes
12. your car? Don't have one
13. something you're not wearing? socks
14. love someone? Yes
15. when is the last time you laughed? SNL last night
16. last time you cried? Don't remember
17. favorite past time? See #5
18. are you a hater or a lover? Depends on the circumstance
19. any vices? Sloth
20. favorite meme other than Sunday Stealing? I miss The Thursday Thirteen ...
This is Highball, the only survivor of the Massacre. Highball belonged to John May, a mechanic who did jobs for the Moran Gang and quite literally lost his head that day. Police heard Highball howling from under one of the beer trucks. The killers knew he was there but they spared him. I find that fascinating. They fired seventy machine-gun bullets and two shotgun blasts into 7 men -- at close range. Yet they didn't touch this dog, leaving him tied up to plaintively howl and bring the police to the garage.