1. If you could eliminate a single type of insect in the world, which would it be? Oh, no you don't! You're not going to trick me into forgetting what we learned in Girl Scouts: every one of Mother Nature's creatures serves a purpose. I'm not eliminating anybody.
2. If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen? I already witnessed a pretty cool one. I had the distinct honor of being in the crowd on 11/4/08 when Barack Obama addressed us, and accepted the Presidency.
|Look! There I am!|
3. If you had to paint your entire home inside and out a single color other than white, what would you pick? Light blue
4. If you could decide what will be written on your gravestone, what would you have inscribed. Just the names and the dates.
5. If you could have a secret listening device in any one room in the world, what room would you put it in? My boss' boss' boss. He's the one who ultimately decides if I get axed this year.
6. If you could have any music group that no longer exists play at your birthday party, who would you want? As Ed Sullivan memorably said, "And now, here they, THE BEATLES!"
7. If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do? Ringmaster
8. If you could master one type of cuisine, which one would you choose? Italian! It's my favorite.
9. If you had to have one piece of music softly playing in your mind for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be? "I Will" from The Beatles White Album.
10. If you could ensure one single personality trait in your children, what would you want it be? Curiosity
11. If you could resolve any single dispute, anywhere in the world, what would you solve? I am so not equipped to even dip a toe into this arena.
12. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which would you like to be on? Colbert! Because I love him.
13. If you were to be a news correspondent posted to any foreign country, where would you like to go? There's a little wedding coming up that I'd love to cover.
14. If you could have been on the Supreme court for any single case in its history, which would you select? Roe v. Wade. We have a right to privacy. We have the right to control our own bodies. In addition to freedom of religion, we have a right to freedom from religion.
15. If you could pick one person from history to live next door to you, who would you pick? My all-time heroine, JBKO. I've read comments made by her younger friends (Carly Simon, Kathy McKeon) about how she enjoyed playing mentor. Maybe she could teach me how to tie a scarf. For real! I could do a post solely on Jackie and her scarves! She saw the world in a way I just can't.
Also, we share a love of older buildings, and of books. I'd love to ask her how she feels about the internet.