And here she is. (I love Dusty.)
2) Dusty Springfield sang of feeling "brand new." What leaves you feeling refreshed and/or rejuvenated? A shower and lots of shampoo.
3) Dusty's given name was Mary Catherine. If you could give yourself a brand new first name, what would it be? I don't know why, but I see myself as a "Julie."
4) Actor Billy Bob Thornton has dismissed antiques, saying, "I'm creeped out by old stuff." Do you ever shop at estate sales, yard sales or second-hand stores? Or do you want everything brand new? I've become very fond of used books. I like the musty smell and wondering who all has held and enjoyed them before they came to me. I really should get to the library more, rather than purchasing. Maybe that can be another 2013 resolution.
5) Are you sad to see the holiday decorations slowly disappear until next year? Or do you think they should come down on January 2? I think they should come down quick. There's something a little depressing about carols and mistletoe and holly once the new year rolls around. I confess there's still a Santa on my front doorknob. I keep forgetting to take it down because it's on the other side of the door.
7) Crazy Sam shudders at the very thought of a snake. Which is your least favorite member of the Animal Kingdom? I am both fascinated and repelled by gators and crocs. I have tremendous respect for their jaws and teeth, and can't stop staring into those unblinking eyes.
8) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through? Entertainment Weekly came yesterday and I checked out the early Oscar predictions.