ABOUT THE GAL HERSELF
I always enjoy it when others write "random thought" TTs, but even after more than 70 Thursdays, I have yet to tackle one. Here’s my attempt at a completely random TT about myself. I believe all 13 are facts never before revealed about This Gal! A breathtaking notion, I know. Whether they’re entertaining or not – well, that’s up to you.
1. I have countless pairs of sandals, but not a single pair of flip-flops. I’m not crazy about that between-the-toes thing.
2. There’s no contest – New England clam chowder is vastly superior to its Manhattan counterpart.
3. One of my prized possessions is a snow globe of Hollywood featuring Mann’s Chinese and the Capitol Records Tower.
4. My greatest strength is just that – my strength. I’m resourceful, think clearly when under pressure and can endure a great deal. I’m the one you want by your side when the going gets rough.
5. My greatest weakness is my complete and utter lack of self-discipline. I can be a such lazy slob! I’m often ashamed of how little I accomplish in a day if I don’t have a client-imposed deadline. (And, since clients don’t care how often I sort through the magazines and files stacked on my floor at home … well, you get the idea.)
6. The last movie I just sat on the sofa and watched is Maybe I’ll Come Home in the Spring. Made in 1971, it stars Sally Field as a hippie-chick druggie and David Carradine as her bare-chested, love-beaded boyfriend. I can be ceaselessly entertained by crap like this. (See #5.)
7. My alarm clock is set for 6:00. I’m a big fan of the snooze button.
8. I swear a lot. My dad used to say that cursing only serves to reveal a limited vocabulary. I say, “Fuck that!” No, really, I have an expansive vocabulary. After all, I’m a writer by trade. I just swear a lot.
9. Cinnamon is one of my favorite scents and flavors.
10. Since I love both movies and baseball, I guess it’s only appropriate that I confess: Redford’s Roy Hobbs (The Natural) is my ideal baseball player, Cooper’s Lou Gehrig (Pride of the Yankees) is inspirational and heroic, but Costner’s Crash Davis (Bull Durham) is hotter than either of them. “I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days.” As Annie breathlessly replied, “Oh, my …”
11. Thinking of opening presents: My favorite grandma liked to give me bedroom slippers for Christmas, even though I never wear slippers. It didn't happen every year, but it occurred often enough. I didn’t think about it much at the time, but now that she’s gone I am sooo curious: Did she not know that I don’t wear slippers? Or did she know but was concerned that my feet would be cold?
12. Please, no nuts in my brownies. Ever.
13. At times, when I behave especially badly, I chastise myself because Miz Melanie Hamilton Wilkes would never act this way. Of all the books I’ve read, Gone with the Wind and the contrast between Scarlett (the one I completely get) and Melanie (the one I wish I was) may have had the biggest impact on me. Go figure.
Include your link in the comments and I'll add you here:
1) Chelle Y. takes us on a tour of her purse2) Malcolm has a timely tribute to Get Smart
3) SJR's TT is operatic
4) Get out your hankies! Michelle's TT is 13 chick flicks.
5) Susiej tempts us with a lemony treat
6) Nicholas takes us on a genuine UK-style cyber pub crawl
7) Kay celebrates "Take Your Fellow Bloggers to Work" Day
8) Jenny McB rejoins the Thursday 13! It's been too long!
9) Claudia shows us how Denver is preparing for the convention
10) B Boys Mom shares dieting tips
11) Susan Helene Gottfried updates us on her "Progress"
12) Sandy Carlson shares facts about an American treasure
13) Carol, I'm sorry I couldn't follow the link to your TT. I tried!
14) As they say on Sesame Street, Lisa's TT is brought to us by the letter P
15) Lori has a musical TT
16) Adelle's TT will leave you a little breathless
17) Journeywoman must think it's time to play the music and light the lights …
18) Winter's TT is "frickin' brilliant."
19) Sorry, Perpstu, but I couldn't follow your link. And I wanted to see what that last-minute idea was!
20) Mistress of the Dark is up for some good, old-fashioned retail therapy
21) Hootin' Ani's TT is positively poetic!
22) Lori is filled with thoughts of Serenity
23) Chris' TT is really an important public service announcement
24) Clara takes us along on vacation
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants