1) In this song, Bjork knows what she's looking for in a mate, she just hasn't met him yet. If you are/were still looking for The One, what two qualities would you hope he/she possessed? Integrity and humor.
2) The lyrics ask if you believe "that a dream can come true." Do you believe that dreams come true if you wish hard enough? If they did, you'd be referring to me as "Lady McCartney."
3) Bjork turns 50 this year. Do you treat "milestone" birthdays differently? Or to you, is your age just a number? I love all my birthdays. (It's in late November, by the way. My favorite color is blue. It's never too early to start shopping.)
4) Bjork was always highly musical. At the tender age of 6 she began studying classical piano and flute. Sam is impressed because at the age of 6, she was still trying to master tying her shoes. Do you consider yourself musical? I don't. And neither does any unfortunate soul who has ever heard me sing.
5) She was born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland. While the city is known for its bar scene, beer was banned there until 1995. How often do drink beer? I can't recall the last time I had a beer. I find I'm less likely to get a headache from a mixed drink.
6) 66ºNORTH is one of Iceland's biggest employers. This clothier makes quality outdoor wear and this time of year they sell a lot of durable rainwear. Do you have a raincoat? Yes. And I should have had it with me Friday but I didn't. The mercury barely touched 70º and I was stuck waiting for the bus in a downpour. My little blue hooded anorak would have come in handy.
7) In 1997, when this song was popular in clubs, Titanic was popular in theaters. Sam saw it and yes, she cried. How about you? Have you seen the saga of Jack and Rose? Did you enjoy it? Saw it when it first came out. Rented it when it came out on video. Saw it again at the theater when it was released in 3D for the 15th anniversary. And I've seen parts of it countless times on cable. I guess this makes me a Titaniac.
8) Also in 1997, singer John Denver died. Name a John Denver song. "Annie's Song." You fill up my sen-ses like night in a forest ...
9) Random question: If you had the opportunity to sky dive, would you take it? Maybe. While I'm terrified every time I fly in a plane, sky diving kind of intrigues me.