SONGS THAT ALWAYS GET TO ME
Maybe it’s because Sweetest Day is almost upon us, but this Gal is really feeling romantic and sentimental and mellow today. So here are 13 love songs that stop me in tracks and make me sigh every time I hear them. My mind is on “shuffle,” so these songs are in the order they occurred to me. I could easily come up with 13 more, but then I’d just melt into a romantic old puddle.
1. “Thunder Road,” Bruce Springsteen. Show a little faith, there’s magic in the night.
2. “Sunday Morning,” Maroon 5. Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm. Change the weather, still together when it ends.
3. “I Will,” The Beatles. Who knows how long I’ve loved you? I know I love you still. Will I wait a lonely lifetime? If you want me to, I will.
4. “The Right Thing to Do,” Carly Simon. Hold me in your hands like a bunch of flowers. Set me moving to your sweetest song, and I’ll know what I think I’ve known all along: Loving you’s the right thing to do.
5. “Bubbly,” Colbie Caillat. It starts in my soul and I lose all control. When you kiss my nose, the feeling shows.
6. “Change the World,” Eric Clapton. You would be the sunlight in my universe. You would think my love was really something good, Baby, if I could change the world.
7. “You Don’t Know Me,” Ray Charles, Elvis, and dozens of others. To you I’m just a friend, that’s all I’ve ever been. No, you don’t know me.
8. “This Old Heart of Mine,” The Isley Brothers. But if you leave me 100 times, 100 times I’ll take you back. I’m yours, whenever you want me. Not to proud to shout it, tell the world about it: I love you …
9. “Dream a Little Dream,” Mamas & the Papas, Louis Armstrong, etc. Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you. Sweet dreams that leave all worries far behind you. But in your dreams, whatever they, dream a little dream of me.
10. “I Love You,” Martina McBride. So totally wrapped up, emotionally attracted, physically acting, so recklessly I need you, so desperately sure as the sky is blue … baby, I love you.
11. “If Only You Knew,” Patti LaBelle. I dream of moments we share, but you’re not there. I’m living in a fantasy. You don’t suspect, could probably care less, about the changes I’ve been going through. But if only you knew, how much I do, do love you …
12. “Someone to Watch Over Me,” Streisand, Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald. There’s a somebody I’m longing to see. I hope that he turns out to be someone to watch over me.
13. “Foolish Heart,” Steve Perry. Foolish heart, hear me calling. Stop before you start falling. Foolish heart, heed my warning. You’ve been wrong before, don’t be wrong anymore.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Chelle, who has somehow managed to miss ALL 13 of these songs!, has a TT devoted to songs her piano students are practicing
2. Tink displays 13 unexpectedly beautiful photos (you'll have to go see what they are for yourself)
3. See WorksforMom for trivia tidbits I guarantee you will repeat in conversation to amaze your friends.
4. Bloggers lists 13 scary movies you can watch online, for free!
5. Malcolm gives props to 13 stand up comics
6. yh reminisces about 13 terrific stage productions
7. ellen b proudly shows off her favorite state
8. Nicholas says 13 things he'll never say (it makes sense; really, check it out)
9. Sandee touches us with 13 bits of wisdom
10. Country Dawn gives all us gals excuses for not shaving our legs
11. Ornery's Wife lists tedious traffic-related tribe of travesties. Whew!
12. Yen offers up a random Q&A, a good idea for a future TT
13. Jenn helps Northerners like me understand the South
14. Jenny McB likes perhaps the world's cutest kittens, and 12 other things
15. Visit Susan Helene's TT to see the impact of cold and flu season on Shapeshifter
16. Nicole Austin takes us along on her trip to San Fran, but only if you stand lots of blue skies, clear beaches and fun
17. Lori features a very funny banner and an upbeat TT about fall
18. Harlekwin (she who produced my lovely banner) has tips for online dating
19. No Nonsense Girl went on a shopping spree last week and shares the highlights
20. Damozel has a juicy list filled with political gossip
21. L-squared promotes her new business venture, which is highlighted by PUPPIES!
22. Gabriella Hewitt goes where no TTer has gone before to list her 13 favorite sci-fi shows
23. Natalie tempts us with her 13 favorite desserts
24. See how Kate Davies (aka The Birthday Girl) celebrated her Big Day
25. Xakara has a spooky and challenging TT
26. Christy! I apologize but I can't get to your TT! Forgive me.
27. QuietMom has a peaceful audio TT
28. Michelle has 13 terrific reasons for why she needs to go on that job interview. (Go, Michelle, go!)
29. Sue recommends we spend our time with these 13 hand-picked bloggers
30. Mercy's Maid's TT is a challenging musical quiz
31. Joy Is My Goal finds happiness in the rain
32. Erin takes us back to 1981, a special year because it's when she arrived!
33. That outdoorsy Vixen takes us camping
34. Mark thrills us with dastardly, deadly traps!
35. Race downhill with Nap Warden
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants