It was very close, but in the highly-competitive, life-on-the-razor's-edge world of The Gal Game, it's the little things that make all the difference. (Enough competitive cliches in there for ya?) In the case of Kwizgiver, it was remembering my unfortunate addiction to Pogo that earned her this FABULOUS PRIZE!
I'd like to thank all my contestants -- really and most sincerely. For while I began this game as a lark, it's very gratifying to know that you're out there, reading and remembering. I'm genuinely quite touched.
1) The Gal comes across $50 in found money. That's cash, with no strings attached. What will she do with it? Purse, pedi, books and massage are all good answers. (And I wish I was as charitable as Snarkela and Book believe me to be.)
2) It's Sunday night at about 10:00. The Gal is looking back upon her weekend and is upset with herself because once again she has failed to do something. What is it she means to do almost every weekend, but seldom does? (No, the answer we're looking for is not, "have sex," though it would be true.) De-clutter! Everyone got this right.
3) Of course The Gal has more Paul McCartney songs (Beatle and solo) on her iPod than any other artist. But who comes in (a distant) second? Yes, it's the Boss. Vivian and Kwiz guessed correctly. In fact, they know me better than I know me. For before I picked up the iPod and checked, I would have said it was Streisand, and I would have been off by 2 songs.
4) The Gal never does something that most American adults do at least several times a week, if not every day. What is it? (No, the answer we're looking for is not, "have sex," though it would be true.) Drive and drink coffee are both correct. I'm not surprised that many find this memorable. As I go through life, I think people would be less impressed if I kept human heads in my freezer than that I neither drive nor drink coffee.
5) Who is The Gal's all-time, miles-above-everyone-else hero/idol/role model? You get extra credit if you know why. Kwiz & Book correctly guessed JBKO, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. Because she lived her life her own way, and made it all look so easy when in reality, it couldn't have been.
6) There's a TV show The Gal loves, even though she knows it's shameful trash. What is this guilty pleasure? (Clue: It's on right now as I compose this.) No one got this. Nancy Grace on HLN. She's a madwoman and she and her regular callers fascinate me. BTW, it never occurred to me to be embarrassed by my love of Idol and NCIS. Are they bad? C'mon, you can tell me.
7) While she hates the heat, there are some things that come along with warm weather that The Gal loves. Name one. Yes, the Cubs. Of course, the Cubs! Also acceptable answers are showing off my beautiful pedis and checking out Puppet Bike.
8) The Gal donated money to two political campaigns that she now feels owe her a refund. Whose campaigns were they? Snarkela's the only one who got this one 100% right: Blago and John Edwards. Boy, I can pick 'em, can't I? While Bill Clinton pisses me off regularly, I still have a soft spot for the big lug. And as far as my work with Senator Kerry goes, I'm proud of it. He didn't disappoint me, America did.
9) Which author's recent death made The Gal very sad? Robert B. Parker -- and, therefore, my buddy, Spenser -- died in January and I was surprised by how bad I felt. Book Mama got this one right, and now that she's getting to know Spenser and Hawk, I bet she understands.
10) The Gal is online ... again! If she's not reading blogs or answering emails, what is she most likely doing? Pogo. Currently I'm hooked Boggle. I have spent an embarrassing amount of time on Turbo 21, as well as Scrabble, Monopoly and Yahtzee. I should have carpal tunnel by now.
I'd like to see how I do as a contestant!