1. What are you most grateful for when you first wake up in the morning? That I have places to go, things to do, and the independence and wherewithal to go there and do that.
2. What are you most grateful for when you go to bed at night? That my cluttered, messy condo is mine.
3. Who is the person who has had the most influence on your life? My mom. I get my love of animals from her, as well as the tremendous comfort that comes with knowing she's out there at the other end of the phone, listening to me and loving me.
4. Is there someone you'd like to thank for something special they did for you but haven't yet? Take the time to do it in this meme. Snarky Pants is always supportive and enthusiastic about my life and blog. Thank you, Snarkela.
5. Who was your favorite or least favorite teacher? If you could talk to them now, what would you say? My third grade teacher was my favorite. She made me feel comfortable speaking in front of the class and gave me room to make mistakes without feeling like a failure. She's long gone now, but I hope she knows how much I appreciated her.
6. Do you say grace at mealtime? No.
7. Name one thing you take for granted everyday. My health. Every time I feel crappy, I promise myself I will appreciate the days when I don't. And I forget and take my health for granted again. Shame on me.
8. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? Just about every romantic break-up. We wouldn't have been happy together over the long haul. I see that with the perspective that comes with time.
9. What are the top five things you are most grateful for in your life? The support of my friends, the love of my cats, my independence, the Cubs and Sir Paul. Really, the last two make me feel very fortunate that my heart can be touched and lifted so completely by baseball and a Beatle -- two rather readily available and entirely legal highs.