Friday, January 18, 2008

Now I know why no one likes Mitt Romney

It's been said that all the Republican Presidential nominees are actually grudgingly fond of one another -- except for Mitt Romney. They all supposedly hate him. This made me feel sorry for Mitt, because if there's anything in this life I hate, it's bullies. I didn't like the idea of all the candidates ganging up on one.

Then I found out Mitt Romney is a bully himself. And, by my lights, the worst kind. I believe anyone who mistreats a child or an animal is the lowest form of human life. For pets and kids have no power -- they're like corks on the water, going where the waves (or adults) take them. Shame on anyone who would ever mistreat someone smaller and more powerless. I hate that!

Which leads us to ol' Mitt, and a story that's been covered by both The Boston Globe and Time magazine …

While driving his family from Boston to Ontario (a 12 hour drive), Romney put Seamus, the family's setter, in a dog carrier and then attached it to the roof rack. Once they hit the highway, Romney's sons reported a brown liquid running down the back window. Seamus literally had the shit scared out of him. How did Romney react to Seamus' discomfort? He stopped the station wagon, hosed down both dog and car, strapped the poor canine back on the roof rack and kept going.

I'm so disgusted I have nothing more to say on the subject. And for those of you who read this blog regularly, you know that's a rare occurrence.

PS Thanks to Mo for bringing this to my attention in the first place. And yes, that really is Seamus, allowing kittens to use him as a jungle gym. The photo was provided to the Boston Globe by Romney's sister Jane. Seamus looks like he was quite a guy, doesn't he?

9 comments:

  1. Oh Good God, No.

    I'm going to start praying now... Dear Lord, please do not deliver unto us another heartless and cruel madman. I believe we've suffered enough. amen

    Vile beyond my ability to comprehend or express.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Yeah, Romney's campaign is a disaster. Did you see this recent episode in which an Associated Press reporter went on the attack? This video is going to be circulating all over the place for days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is just truly disgusting. If he can't even treat a dog with dignity there's no way in hell he'd be able to run a country with any sort of dignity. He needs to be put in jail for animal cruelty, not running for the President of the US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Nevada loved him!

    Shockingly, this is actually an old story, at least politically old, 3 months or so

    ReplyDelete
  5. Follow the link to the Boston Globe and see the story first ran in late June, and the actual incident took place in 1983. Poor Seamus. Too bad dogs can't choose their owners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have voted for him in the first place, but that would have sealed my decision. Pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If he were to run for governor again in Massachusetts, he wouldn't be elected. He is a package just playing the game to be elected. He gives us the creeps, kind of smarmy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even believe this. To do this, somebody has to be seriously twisted.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.