Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm in love with him, and he feels fine

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Paul McCartney has reassured his fans that he feels fine and has no medical problems, despite recent reports to the contrary.

In a message posted on his Web site Thursday, the former Beatle said he was puzzled when people started asking him about his health. Then he realized their questions stemmed from a report this month that he had undergone a heart operation.

Sir Paul, 65, said the story was "entirely untrue" and that he was fine. "What happened was, over a year ago during a routine medical examination, there was a minor irregularity which I needed to have tests for and which I have now been assured is completely fine," McCartney said. "The media have only just recently reported an exaggerated version of this."

He added: "I'm happy to say that I feel great and I have passed my most recent medical with flying colors."

Sometimes I think the worst thing about being 50 is that it makes him 65. I simply hate this conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:59 PM

    I'm in love with Sir Paul too, and have been ever since I first saw him and three of his friends on Ed Sullivan when I was very very little. I couldn't wrap my brain around their hairstyles -- this was the 60s (early) -- when the only boys I knew were Stevie Friedman, who had a buzz cut, and my dad, who was bald. I had no idea boys could even grow hair. I was convinced they had to be wearing wigs or mops on their heads.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.