Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night …

… I hate to go and leave this pretty sight."

If I sound like I'm being flip about the end of John Edwards' campaign, I'm not. First of all, I love The Sound of Music, so invoking it is a sign of affection. Secondly, I am drawn to his populist message and will miss hearing him speaking up and fighting the good fight in the next debate. Thirdly, I am an enormous fan of his wife. Elizabeth Edwards' story has touched me deeply, and I will miss seeing her.

But I'll also miss the way his blue ties played up his blue eyes … and yes, that shiny, touchable hair … and that moonlight and magnolias accent. It's always kinda creeped me out to be this hot for a possible President. I mean, lusting after the President just seems so wrong. But now I guess I'm freed from that and can fantasize away.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I nearly tumbled off my bed from laughing!

    It was a bit of a surprise to turn on CNN this morning to hear that though...I was expecting to hear about Rudy Guiliani dropping out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there goes my candidate, though I was resigned to this after Nevada. I know who I will vote for, though I am not telling yet

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.