Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Oh, I get it. It's MY fault now!

First Michael Barrett was traded because HE was the cause of Carlos Zambrano's difficulties. Now it seems he blames the 41,070 fans at Wrigley Field and millions more at home for not showing him "love." I guess now Zambrano expects Pinella and Hendry to get rid of all of us, too.

He had a shitty outing -- on the mound, at the plate, and running the bases. In large part because of his ineptitude and moodiness, the Cubs lost a game that they really couldn't afford to lose. (With the Brewers and the Cards both losing yesterday, we could have actually picked up ground.) Instead of being gracious about his shortcomings, Zambrano tore into fans for booing him. Says he "doesn't accept it." And, my favorite part of his tirade, "When you're struggling, or you have a brother who's struggling, you show him love. You don't show him you want to kick him out. That's all I ask of the fans."

While I have never booed a home team player, and never would, I'd like to explain a little something to Carlos. All we ask is that you be a team player. If the third base coach tells you to STOP, don't blow past him and get tossed out at home by a mile, just because you're a showboat who wants to be a hero. Then don't take the mound and give up 5 walks and 8 runs in just over 4 innings. You're making $91.5 million, so you don't get to whine. You simply don't.

But don't listen to me, "Big Z." Listen to Lou. Something tells me he's not as patient with your shenanigans as Dusty Baker was.

2 comments:

  1. how long was that new contract extension again???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zambrano has never been a favorite of mine. He hasn't quite reached Todd Hundley/Dave Kingman status yet, but he's headed there. Which is why I'll mention that my fave rave pitcher, future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux, has gone 7 full games without a walk (compared to Big Z's 5 walks in 4 innings).

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.